[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you think, /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: a1293675512_10.jpg (372 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
a1293675512_10.jpg
372 KB, 1200x1200
What did you think, /mu/?
>>
Terrible, just like everything else they have made.
>>
File: qYxPp0b.jpg (74 KB, 456x640) Image search: [Google]
qYxPp0b.jpg
74 KB, 456x640
I really liked two songs on it, Wriggle and Hot Fuck No Love, everything else was forgettable
>>
it was okay but I probably won't listen to it again
>>
7/10
>>
even by their mediocre standards, quite bad. Wriggle is alright but doesn't save it
>>
>>65882069
this
>>
Back Up, Wriggle and Hot Fuck were pretty good
The other tracks were boring though
>>
I really like Shooter, Wriggle and Our Time. Overall it's pretty good.
>>
intro was the only good track
>>
wriggle was okay

the rest was pretty boring
>>
reminder that when Daveed Diggs isn't busy being le hardcore ghetto industrial rapper, he performs songs for Disney and Dick Cheney

Also the ep was a strong 6/10
>>
I gave it 2 stars on rym.
>>
>>65882045
Fucking awesome
>>
Clipping are one of the cheesiest groups out there. Their "harsh noise" aspect is lazily tacked on and pretty poorly done. That Whitehouse sample in particular is such a 10 seconds googling harsh noise sample and isn't implemented all that well in the end. Daveed Diggs is a huge cornball with mediocre flow and poor lyricism. Everything, including this new cover, just seems like a desperate cry at being really edgy and hip but failing spectacularly at it.
>>
I liked it for the most part. Shooter was pretty generic as far as clipping goes though. If this EP was just Back Up, Wriggle, and Hot Fuck No Love it would be perfect imo.

>>65882069
nice meme
>>65883365
fantano drone, can't even back up your rating.
>>
It was pretty good, the title track being my favourite.
>>
>>65885108
I actually really like the lyricism in clipping, it feels like a parody of gangsta rap while still being pretty serious

i do agree that the harsh noise in their beats is fucking lazy and easily the lamest of the big 5 of industrial hip hop
>>
>>65883589
Yeah
>>
>>65885338
clipping., DG, dalek, b l a c k i e, ???
>>
BACKUPBACKUP BACk Up
back up back up
>>
>>65883365

sup Fantano
>>
>>65885531
and Techno Animal

And i didn't mean B L A C K I E, i meant Saul Williams instead
>>
>dont move nothin, statue
>shooter bout to go nuts, cashew

ew
>>
>>65882045
Shit, worst thing They've done
>>
>>65883365
this. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't as good as either clipping album or those non-album singles from last year
>>
>>65882069
This desu
>>
>>65885338
I think people are too quick to call this (and a lot of sincere art these days) parody. It uses gangsta tropes in ways that are slightly uncanny while dropping the posture and bravado that usually comes with it. It's interesting, but not truly ironic.
>>
>>65882045
it stinks guys
>>
i thought it was really good, but the last track was weak. take off the last track and you have a near perfect ep imo.
this my first time listening to clipping.
>>
midcity's intro is still the best clipping. track
>>
>>65886137
Listen to CLPPNG, it's way better.
>>
>>65882045
I like the cover.
>>
>>65885850
these are Will.I.Am-tier lyrics at best. hilariously awful.
>>
FINGER ON THE BUTTON.... FINGER IN A BUTT
>>
clipping is garbage
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.