[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how did playing records for people became such a thing ? How
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1460747134598.jpg (43 KB, 510x510) Image search: [Google]
1460747134598.jpg
43 KB, 510x510
how did playing records for people became such a thing ? How is this cool ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk6Xst6euQk
I enjoy EDM, I understand it is a form of artistic expression, but is playing songs you didnt make yourself, mildly shaking your bottom while turning fade in/out knobs, is it an avant garde joke im not getting ? I genuinely find it cringe. Is it like playing the guitar by the fire to get pussy ? a mating strategy ? I'm really trying to understand, not baiting.
>>
You think that's bad. They making fucking albums out of this shit. LP's you actually have to pay to get. I mean I get DJing as a recreation and a service for when you wanna add some atmosphere to a party, but it being presented as anything beyond that just seems pretentious.
http://dj-kicks.com/moodymann/

This fucker got a BNM to.
>>
>>65881535
Moodmann is a legend you p4k drone.
>>
I good DJ will be able to read a crowd and respond to their energy, also beat matching between records was a necessary skill before software with beat detection was a thing
>>
>>65881535
wow lad, you suck big time.
>>
>>65880829
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_system_(Jamaican)
>>
>>65880829
that's been going on half a century before you were even an idea judging by your sufjan stevens pic, dumb /mu/ kid.
>>
creating a good mix is an artform
solomun is normie trash though
>>
File: 1443210312200.gif (331 KB, 460x338) Image search: [Google]
1443210312200.gif
331 KB, 460x338
>EDM

Invalidated
>>
>>65881535
moodymann is fucking great, you mong

>>65880829
>how did playing records for people became such a thing ?

you make it sound like its a recent phenomenon,

>How is this cool ?

you clearly don't know how hard is to make a good mix

>I enjoy EDM
>/mu/ meme pic

ah, it all makes sense now
>>
>using edm unironically
>bashing mixing and club culture
>bashing dj mixes
>bashing moodymann
>being buttmad that his dj-kicks release got a good score on pitchfork because "muh REAL albums and REAL music"
>>
>>65880829
>>65881535
You don't get it. Don't project something onto DJing you want it to be. It is not what you want it to be and that is fine.
Nobody acts as if it was more than it is either.

It's just playing records for people who want to dance and enjoying the records yourself.

That's all there is to it, don't be so pretentious.

>>65881535
bin urself
>>
>>65881778

you forgot:

>caring about pitchfork's opinion
>>
>>65881778
pretty much this, OP thinks he is superior to that crowd which makes me kek in absolute joy
>>
>this fucking thread
>>
It was very predictable that this thread would turn into an argument between DJ haters and people explaining how it is a form of art which requires skills.
So far, I red 2 interesting responses:
- match the energy of the crowd
- syncing tracks without beat detection

Do any of you believe in a way to distinguish a skill from an action which is not a skill, musically speaking ? And does this mainly influence your appreciation of this form of art ?

Ironical and passive aggressive butthurt comments are also welcome.
>>
>>65882458
fuck off
>>
>>65882458

There is no argument, just an ignorant person being educated.
>>
>>65882479
>>65882566

well, thank you very much for your advices, I now respect this form of art for what it is. This has been a thrilling and convincing conversation.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.