[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Essential DeathRock chart? who wants to help make it? Deathrock
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: christian death.jpg (6 KB, 312x161) Image search: [Google]
christian death.jpg
6 KB, 312x161
Essential DeathRock chart? who wants to help make it?

Deathrock is a subgenre of punk rock incorporating horror elements and spooky atmospherics, that emerged on the West Coast of the United States in the early 1980s.

this doesn't mean the Cure or Bauhaus or whatever this is a chart for real American Death. Rock.
>>
Can you give me some band or song examples that are good? I've never heard of this, and I'd like to listen.
>>
Like Christian Death n shit?
>>
>>65878026
Yes. Or the more punk-y stuff like Rudimentary Peni I suppose

>>65877959
Idk much about deathrock but Raspberry Bulbs are some of the best stuff in that vein I've heard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7t4P0tfqRM
>>
It's literally

>Christian Death
>45 Grave
>Alien Sex Fiend
>Specimen

Maybe
>Samhain

And an honorary
>Sisters of Mercy
>>
>>65878164
There's some modern stuff that may qualify like Raspberry Bulbs, Sexdrome, Young And In The Way and such though. But yeah it's one of those genres where there's a clear album that's the pinnacle of the genre (Only Theatre of Pain)
>>
>>65878009
christian death. 45 grave.
>>
>>65878164
the birthday party
>>
rudimentary peni
part1
southern death cult
xmal Deutschland
chameleons uk
theatre of hate
clan of xymox
the skeletal family
tsol
tones on tail
b-movie
suicide
killing joke
the damned (phantasmagoria)
>>
>>65878834
ministry (with sympathy)
>>
File: MI0003610702.jpg (3 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
MI0003610702.jpg
3 KB, 400x400
Everyone always forgets these guys
>>
File: pinkish black.jpg (36 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
pinkish black.jpg
36 KB, 700x700
Do these guys qualify as death rock?
>>
>>65878951
thank you for reminding us
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.