[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rap music is so bad that when something that's conceptual
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: Madvillainy_cover.png (121 KB, 399x399) Image search: [Google]
Madvillainy_cover.png
121 KB, 399x399
Rap music is so bad that when something that's conceptual and polished comes out it gets heralded as a masterpiece

Discuss
>>
>>65877099 (OP) (You)
check those dubs
>>
File: 1461969214125.jpg (652 KB, 1040x776) Image search: [Google]
1461969214125.jpg
652 KB, 1040x776
I get that you're trying to oversimplify Madvilliany for the sake of making a really shitty point, but that could literally apply to every single fucking genre.

1/10; this thread gave me an aneurysm.
>>
>>65877207
You could but most genres don't suck that bad

If rap or country music were a fraction as dumb and obnoxious as rap it would be mocked into oblivion
>>
>>65877099
Anytime a rapper uses elementary tier metaphors it's heralded as high level prose and intelligence

This demonstrates the low expectations the listener has for the 'art'form

By giving such high praise to such low 'art' they're saying the normal level is infantile
>>
>>65877370
Doom is just a total dork and his cheesyness is very self aware but yeah

Rap is so juvenile compared to other genres you can only put into context by imagining how much people would make fun of it if it were anything else. People love to talk shit about musicians so much it's honestly amazing they're able to turn a blind eye to artists like young thug that constantly say utter nonsense like "My diamonds are like pikachu cause they gon winkachu"
>>
File: beatles.jpg (435 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
beatles.jpg
435 KB, 1024x1024
Rock music is so bad bad that when something that's conceptual and "polished" comes out it gets heralded as a masterpiece
>>
>>65877456
>"My diamonds are like pikachu cause they gon winkachu"
Implying it isnt the goat line of all time
>>
>>65878850
>goat line of all time
>greatest of all time line of all time
>>
>>65877099 you are right, rap is pretty bad but there are a few nice albums out there which are pretty great, specially beastie boys and public enemy stuff
>>
hip hop is the best genre of music to emerge in the west in over 50 years

madvillany top 5 album of all time

stay plen
>>
>>65879661
No it's just seems that way because it's so much newer than most other genres
>>
>>65879706
no it's just the logical conclusion to the last 100 years of popular music. nothing to come after it will continue on it's trend of straight grooves and poetry. EDM is heading in a completely different direction with roots solidly planted in EU's decades of underground electronic DJing
>>
>>65879661
do you really think that or am i being memed?
>in over 50 years
not really
>>
>>65877099
Rock music is so bad that it isnt even really on the radio anymore

Discuss
>>
>>65880024
But it is. Just in rap rock form
>>
>>65877099
you can like this album
if you have bad taste
>>
>>65877323
Make sense or leave.
>>
>>65877528
the fact that
>>
>>65877099
MFDOOM is a forced joke, read my Madvillaimy review: http://tripfork.tumblr.com

Hes at the same level of Mister M, Corey Taylor and Clowns Posse.

Hip-Hop is at his baby phase... it keeps growing...
>>
>>65877162
check mine bro
>>
>>65880922
Nice
>>
>>65880909
>Separating The Weeds Of The Wheat.
I can't tell if you're just taking the piss or if you put everything through google translate 3 times before you post it... either way I kek'd
>>
>>65877370
>elementary level metaphors
we talking Kendrick here right?
>>
>>65877323
>If rap were a fraction as dumb and obnoxious as rap
lol
>>
>>65879862
There's no conclusion to music it's always changing
>>
>>65880909
>trying this hard to be funny

Just stop
>>
>>65880922
well done guy
how about these tho
>>
>>65879980
Yes it's true. Look at records like pauls boutique or de la soul is dead or mbdtf. Sampling is the logical conclusion to any self referential musical form

Most hip hop today is based off of sampling instruments or other non published beats.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.