[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this the greatest album of all time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: tlop.jpg (78 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
tlop.jpg
78 KB, 650x650
Why is this the greatest album of all time?
>>
Because we no longer need the old Kanye, although we miss him very much
>>
>>65874659
because of the way that it is
>\thread
>>
Saint Pablo rescued the end of this album
>>
CD > MBDTF > TLOP > LR > 808s > Yeezus > Graduation
>>
>>65875025
MDDTF > CD > LR >>> Graduation=Yeezus >>>> 808s >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TLOP
>>
Yeezus>LR>MBDTF>CD>808s>TLOP>Graduation
>>
more like FLOP
>>
>>65874659
MBDTF was the last decently mixed Kanye album
>>
>>65876789
mbdtf has the worst mixing out of all of his albums and yeezus and graduation are tied for best mixing, do you have ears?
>>
>>65874659
Because it's the only album you've ever listened to...just an educated guess.
>>
>>65874659
because it's not
>>
>>65874659
That's just the wave, waves don't die
>>
Because a five year old could've made the cover art in Photoshop in less than 5 minutes with no experience whatsoever?
>>
>>65876716
more like you're a fucking lame ass faggot nigga and you should fucking kill yourself asap lmao
>>
I've recently tried to listen through most of Kanye's discography and one of the things that's always surprising me is how low most people rate Graduation. I think it's a great album from beginning till end. Anyone else?
>>
>>65879996
I like the album too, but Barry Bonds and Drunk and Hot Girls kill it for me.
>>
>>65874659
I wouldn't say that but it's definitely a game changer. Popular rap is typically very formulaic and this album completely throws away form. The best songs, like Ultralight Beam, are incredibly bare and lack an arch that most songs have, and the album itself has no real flow to it. Although I'd say as a whole this is one of it's weaknesses, it is also something no one with mainstream appeal has ever done and I think we'll be seeing this more and more in rap releases to come. TLOP is honestly setting up where hip hop is going next. It's an important record.
>>
>>65879944
damn u mad
tlop was shit, kanye
>>
>>65879996
Same here.
>>
>>65881277
no
>>
>>65879996
it has the most filler, it has some great tracks, but a few great tracks does not a great album make.
>>
>>65882033
It only has a few fillers imo.
>>
>>65881135
What's wrong with Barry Bonds?
>>
I'm always pretty confused at how lowly people rate 808s. It's always the album that I can go back to at any time and it holds up very well because of its inherently lo-fi aspects. Street Lights is fucking amazing.
>>
>>65876789
yeezus was impeccably mixed
>>
File: awful.png (174 KB, 680x583) Image search: [Google]
awful.png
174 KB, 680x583
>>65883629
>>
>>65879996
Graduation might be my favorite if Late Registration didn't exist.
I hate the production on Good Life though.
>>
>>65876789
no it was fucking brickwalled to shit

although some argue this adds to the record's aesthetic to be fair
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 1280x720
>>65883629
>>
>>65884400
AY YAY YAY
>>
>>65881193
>it is also something no one with mainstream appeal has ever done
the beatles did this half a century ago dude kill yourself
>>
>>65883519
Wayne's verse is the weakest part of the whole album. Beat and Ye's verse are perfect though.
>>
>>65879944
Lmao your so butthurt but he's right FLOP was straight ass only good song was famous rest was shit
>>
>>65885113
Agreed, Wayne's verse sucks, but it doesn't really bother me, it's a great song otherwise. Drunk and Hot Girls is the only song I'd like to remove.
>>
>>65883606
What do you mean, why do you think it holds up very well "because of its inherently lo-fi aspects"? It's a good album, I think it's still growing on me, but imo, it just doesn't quite reach the peaks of most of his other works. I'd still rate it higher than Yeezus on my personal list, though
>>
>>65883606
street lights is a bit of a meh choice, imo. heartless, love lockdown, bad news, see you in my nightmares are all better
>>
>>65883606
It's his most focused and consistent album, imo. Every other Kanye album hits wildly different topics and emotions, but 808s successfully spends almost an hour on one moment in Kanye's life.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.