[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
its just experimental blues, what's the big deal?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 1111.png (159 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1111.png
159 KB, 300x300
its just experimental blues, what's the big deal?
>>
>>65873334
IDK man these kids watch Fantano and think that it's "difficult" music or "noisy" music.
>>
>>65873334
Most normalfags and newfags can't handle music, or anything artistic medium for that matter, that's even remotely different from the norm or challenging. They're so fucking full of themselves that they'd rather call it pretentious hipster garbage than admit that maybe they don't have any critical thinking skills whatsoever and might just be too fucking retarded to understand it.
>>
>>65873525
damn dude you sound mad
>>
rock novices man, what do you expect?
>>
No one actually enjoys this shit
>>
its boring shit
>>
Scaruffi-drone
>>
>>65873334
People thinking it's way weirder/deeper than it actually is
Its still great though
>>
It's a great album, people just blow it's inaccessibility out of proportion. Unless you're a complete pleb, it should sound good after a single listen.
>>
It's just really good. You're also making a bigger deal out of Trout Mask than you should be.
>>
In "Veterans Day Poppy", around the 1:40 mark, the Magic Band -- in the midst of a heavy blues rock break -- all, one by one, switch into a different, distorted and wailing break, keeping absolute perfect time. No modern editing techniques. Painstaking, near impossible, precise technique. They rehearsed this shit for 8 months. It's not "just experimental blues rock."
>>
Most people think anything you cant tap your toe or sing along with is "inaccessible"
>>
>>65875398
This is very true, I saw James Ferrero open for Mac Demarco and the audience just talked shit about James the whole time. He was playing very ambient stuff and whenever there would be some beat they would cheer.
>>
>>65875367
>that one part in veterans day poppy where the drummer just hits each of his drums in succession

possibly my favorite drum solo ever
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (138 KB, 1500x844) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
138 KB, 1500x844
>>65875544
Everyone in this thread
>>
File: 1435179998663.png (101 KB, 822x796) Image search: [Google]
1435179998663.png
101 KB, 822x796
>>65873525
Huh. So this is what happens when you have no friends.
>>
>>65873334
It's random and sporadic, but it's off the wall wacky as well, so it has a lot of charm for certain people and it doesn't come off as pretentious.
>>
I think the lyrics are funny and the drum sound is fantastic.
>>
It's quite literally pretty good.
>>
>>65876710
Jealous?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.