[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /mu/, I'm a pleb when it comes to music and I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 61SYxGXYCkL.jpg (66 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
61SYxGXYCkL.jpg
66 KB, 500x500
Alright /mu/,
I'm a pleb when it comes to music and I'm fairly new to this board, so I need you guys to tell me how to get started and how to advance from my favorite album, OK Computer.
>>
Listen to Kid A. It is vastly superior. Also, listen to The Bends. It is also good and will give you a nice perspective on OK Computer. Infact, listen to Radiohead's discography, skipping Pablo Honey if you like, but I do think Pablo Honey is a good reference point for understanding the band's progression. Listen to a lot of music, but to easen your load of music, try to filter through the album's with highly unnatractive covers, as bad covers are a sign of of bad music. The artist who approves a bad cover likely isn't in a creative swell.
>>
Listen to Faunts - M4.

Radiohead expanded on my musical taste but Faunts blew it open wide.
>>
>>65872303
Thanks for the reply. I got a few songs into The Bends but never got the opportunity to finish it, but I had liked it so far. However, I have yet to listen to Kid A, but I definitely will. And thanks for the tip about album covers, I see it coming in handy in the future.

>>65872335
Will do.
>>
Literally just go through each album of /mu/core. You don't have to like all of them.
>>
File: 1466589609303.jpg (4 MB, 1781x4325) Image search: [Google]
1466589609303.jpg
4 MB, 1781x4325
>>65872214
Listen to the rest of Radiohead's discography like the other dude (Kid A and In Rainbows are the best after OK Computer), then listen to albums off of this chart, and of course lurk
>>
>>65873246
don't just wave that whole chart at them that is so intimidating and scary.

Modest Mouse and Portishead. Don't feel pressured to go beyond that.
>>
>>65873305
>intimidating and scary
come on man its a photo

>>65872214
OP just listen the /mu/core part and ignore Trout Mask Replica, and then just listen to something from the cart whenever you're in the mood for an album, simple as that

alternatively use the RYM top albums of all time (google it)
>>
File: 1463813519768.jpg (68 KB, 599x449) Image search: [Google]
1463813519768.jpg
68 KB, 599x449
>>65872303
>judging the quality of the music from the quality of its album cover
fucking pleb
>>
>>65873246
Thanks for the chart, anon. I've saved and will give the essentials a good listen.
>>
>>65873485
That's not what I said, anon. I said that the album cover's quality is often indicative of the music's quality, because a bad album cover being approved or designed by the musician is evidence that they aren't in a creative swell. Sure, there are some good albums with bad covers (Bryter Layter), but often times, albums with bad covers are usually bad sonically? Why else do you think metal covers are so bad, you dumb cunt?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.