[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who thinks The Beatles are over rated? I personally love their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3578x2526) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3578x2526
Who thinks The Beatles are over rated? I personally love their music very much. But this is the internet, people. There's always someone who'll disagree. Tell me what you think and why.
>>
>>65868899
they were a generic pop band that people think were deeply spiritual and profound because they did a bunch of drugs
>>
>>65868930
t.scaruffi
>>
>inb4 the fact that
>>
>>65868899
>Who thinks The Beatles are over rated?
Every single mainstream band is overrated

>urr durr hipster
my favorite bands wouldnt deserve the amount of listeners they have
>>
They are objectively overrated. That's not a dig against them, you can't be called the greatest band ever for so long without becoming overrated

In my opinion, MMT is there only good album beginning to end, and half of that is a singles compilation. The rest have fantastic songs but lots of mediocre songs, typically in the midsection.
>>
>>65868899
oh absolutely. They were never psychadelic, they just did drugs. They weren't humbled either, it was paul, john and their slaves.
>>
The Beatles are good but they aren't that good.
>>
File: 1440190857060.jpg (85 KB, 530x493) Image search: [Google]
1440190857060.jpg
85 KB, 530x493
>>65868930
>>
>>65870224
George Harrison wrote most of the best Beatles songs
>>
>>65868899
>>65868930
>>65868972
How is Revolver overrated?
How is Sgt Pepper overrated?
How is The White Album overrated?
How is Abbey Road overrated?
>>
They're extremely overrated, but they're my favorite in anyways, for example, the beatles always come with fillers in his albums (except MMT and abbey) but they have a ton of great songs and Lennon, McCartney and Harrison were pop geniuses but goddam, how much filler they put in his albums, but whatever, they are great. most of people that hate them just hate them because they want to be "deep" and be part of the general opinions here but whatever.
favorite beatle song? mine probably strawberry fields forever.
>>
>>65868930
>generic
>making music that had never been done before at the time
>>
>>65868899
I think that their legacy and reputation slightly precedes them, only because they kickstarted an era of music. They're still very good, but don't live up to all of their hype. (I love them all the same.)
>>
>>65868972
Beatles albums good from beginning to end: Hard Day's Night, Rubber Soul, Sgt. Peppers, MMT and Revolver if they used Rain instead of Yellow Submarine
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.