[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why does shoegaze have so much good content? im not particularly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1446305958637.jpg (590 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1446305958637.jpg
590 KB, 1200x1200
why does shoegaze have so much good content? im not particularly partial to the genre but it seems to have so many talented artists.
>>
Some bands can be pretty bland but the good ones stand out immensely. Candy Claws is great because their sound feels organic and synthetic at the same time, if that makes any sense.
>>
I disagree, i think that mbv represented the creative peak for the genre. From my experience, most shoegaze ive listened to is either heavily inspired by mbv or just takes other styles of music and drenches it with effects. Id be happy to be proven wrong though
>>
cos it's really easy to make, which means that even mediocre shoegaze is still pretty decent
>>
>why do i enjoy music that all sounds the same?
dont worry you'll grow out of it
>>
>>>/shugazi/ plz
>>
File: asobi seksu hush.jpg (20 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
asobi seksu hush.jpg
20 KB, 500x500
Candy Claws and maybe Beach House are the only good shoegaze acts in the past decade. They aren't even shoegaze.

And even Beach House is just this pretend dream pop mixed with indie rock bullshit (School of Seven Bells, Pains of Being Pure at Heart, Radio Dept, etc).

At least Candy Claws sounds fresh, nostaglic, summery and wintery.

Asobi Seksu was never good.
>>
Eh. I was listening to that earlier and stopped a few songs before the ends because it was giving me nothing new at that point. Like there was some neat stuff in there, really liked the more upbeat chord progressions and traditional French music tones it was using, but it just ran out of depths for me.
>>
>>65867699
You seem very uninformed on your opinion.
>>
>>65867492
im i the only one that thought that album was boring as fuck? one of the worst recs i've gotten from /mu/ tbqh

Most shoegaze is boring af
Loveless, LSD and The Search for God, and Velocity : Design : Comfort are the only shoegaze that haven't bored me

Dream Pop is better
>>
>>65867743
Also I know this is a key part of shoegaze, but the distortion was a bit too much. It wasn't as defined as like what you'd find on MBV records, the limiters were worked too hard.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.