[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /mu/ hate The Mars Volta? Is it cause you're all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: deloused.jpg (156 KB, 953x953) Image search: [Google]
deloused.jpg
156 KB, 953x953
Why does /mu/ hate The Mars Volta? Is it cause you're all underaged?
>>
I love them. They are one of the greatest bands in modern prog.
>>
What makes you think we hate them?
>>
a lot of people listen to them as you can tell from any discog rating thread. The only reasons anyone has for disliking them are probably modern prog, high pitched male vocals and rick rubin.
>>
>>65857900
> prog

I love The Mars Volta, but calling them prog is hilarious.
>>
>>65857979
They're 100% prog rock breh

I don't really like them, the singer is fucking awful.
>>
>>65857979
haha
you funny boyo
>>
>>65857858
cause of diffrent taste
>>
>>65858037
> shit taste

fixed that for you
>>
>>65857959
>high pitched male vocals
>>65858001
>the singer is fucking awful

I don't get the Cedric hate, his pitch and wailing don't affect me at all. One of my favourite vocalists.
>>
>>65857858
I used to think this too, I think it was just a phase where people liked to shit on them. Pretty much every mention I see of them praises Deloused and Frances. I'm not sure if most of /mu/ has warmed up to Amputechture or Bedlam (which are, in my opinion, also brilliant in their own ways) yet. I've even seen occasional praise for Noctourniquet.
>>
>>65857858
if they'd all died in a plane crash after de-loused in the comatorium they would have been perfect
>>
>>65858227
i like cedric, just saying lots of people are put off by that
>>
>>65858274
Amputechture and Bedlam both have good songs but are far from brilliant, especially compared to Deloused and Frances. That said they're way better than Octahedron.

If any of their albums is underrated, it's Noctourniquet.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.