[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can someone recc some lo-fi that isn't *intentionally* lo-fi?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: daniel-johnston-hi-how-are-you.jpg (33 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
daniel-johnston-hi-how-are-you.jpg
33 KB, 640x640
can someone recc some lo-fi that isn't *intentionally* lo-fi? or anything lo-fi due to financial restraint. i just discovered daniel johnston and im in love

>pic related
>>
File: beethousand.jpg (80 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
beethousand.jpg
80 KB, 1200x1200
This masterpiece
>>
>>
File: Nebraska.jpg (23 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
Nebraska.jpg
23 KB, 325x325
Recorded at home on a Portastudio as demos, and mastered on a boombox that he'd dropped into a river by accident. It wasn't going to be released until he came to re-record it, and decided the demos sounded best. It's also the best thing he ever did.
>>
I guess it depends if you mean like 80s/90s lo-fi or just generally low fidelity. Late Beach Boys albums, recorded at Brian's house, are lo-fi (Smiley Smile, Friends), and Springsteen's Nebraska was recorded on a cassette recorder, then he decided against recording them "properly". Velvet Underground and Nico is very "badly" recorded, The Trinity Sessions, The Modern Lovers, Psychocandy.

Then there are more modern lo-fi records, like Bee Thousand, The Glow Pt 2, Slanted and Enchanted, ITAOTS. Not sure how intentional some of these were.
>>
>>65856266
Oh, and all Sparklehorse records, which are just majestic - I think you'd be a fan if you like Daniel Johnston.
>>
>>65856266
i think ITAOTS was intentional, still good though.

im looking for more early 80's - mid 90's or so. seems to have the best content
>>
File: thnksgvng.png (824 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
thnksgvng.png
824 KB, 600x600
produced by phil elverum with his own equipment, does that count?
>>
>>65856126
>>65856168
>>65856199
>>65856328

thanks for these so far, ill check them out tonight. currently exploring daniel johnstons entire discography
>>
>>65856292
Something like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CKelpRQxfc
>>
this guy:

www.soundcloud.com/juntaro97/
>>
>>65856199

>mastered on a boombox that he dropped into a river by accident
>a river

dude i think you're talking about The River
>>
>>65856116
black metal
>>
smog
>>
>>65856448
i really wanna get into more black metal. i love burzum and deafheaven (if that counts)

any reccs?
>>
>>65856432
>Then there was the mixdown deck. Turns out they mixed down to the only other deck they had around that had a line input, which was an old Panasonic boom box with a history of its own. You see, Bruce had a canoe he liked to take out on this little branch of the river that flowed near his house, and the previous summer during one of those trips the boom box had fallen overboard and sunk in the mud. Later that day when the tide went out, he retrieved it, brought it back to the house, hosed off the mud and left it on the porch for dead. About a week later, he was sitting on the porch reading the Sunday paper, and the boom box all of a sudden comes back to life.
>>
>>65856506
Darkthrone, Mayhem, Emperor, Drudkh
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.