[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I dont get it. This feels like every shitty emo cliche ever,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: a1570207516_10.jpg (403 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
a1570207516_10.jpg
403 KB, 1200x1200
I dont get it. This feels like every shitty emo cliche ever, the instrumental, the vocal delivery (oh god, the vocal delivery) and the angsty lyrics they all seem too cliche to me. Some songs even made me cringe out of how stereotypical they were. "I called in sick to your funeral" c'mon! I will admit i dont know a lot about emo but american football, the devil and god and the cap n jaźz album all have stuff to make them special, even if at bits they fall on the cliche they never feel as tireing as this. They all seem to have stuff to enjoy on them even if i dont (i dont enjoy american football but i can see why other people may) this just seem unbearable.
>>
Then don't listen to it.

Either you like it or you don't. If it feels contrived and you get nothing out of it, then go back to what you like. What'd you think of Holy Ghost/Modern Baseball in general?
>>
>>65846826
If you dont like it, dont listen to it
Faggot
>>
>>65846893
I wanna know what you guys get from it

I haven't listened to it
>>
>>65847198
>lets NOT discuss music
Faggot
>>
>>65847200
The energy of it, I really like the vocalist to be honest he can hit highs that I cant even come close to, the instrumentals are tight and punky, and yeah Ill give you that much , the lyrics are sorta cheese here and there, Its just very punky catchy music
>>
>>65847243
Got me good
>>
>>65847268
I prefer pretty much any 80's punk to shit like this. Most modern "punk" or "hardcore" is really just emo-derived pop, with some heavy guitars thrown in. There's good modern punk, just none of it's on Equal Vision, Rise, Sumerian etc.
>>
well i like the cliches, and what you feel is "cringe"
and i prefer emo pop to classic barebones punk
>>
>>65847268
Thanks, I'll try listening to it from that perspective but i think I'm not feeling it. That's cool tho.
Im listening to holy ghost rn, it seems ok but nothing special tbqh. I liked note to self more than the rest so far.
>>65847319
I really did, didn't I? Hope you aren't too hurt :)
>>
it's fun dude.

also if you genuinely care about 'cringey' lyrics then perhaps this isn't the genre for you
>>
>>65846826
It's a fucking concept album about a friend spiraling out of control and killing himself
emo is obviously not for you
9/10 album though
>>
>>65847572
See, thats the kind of cliche im talking about, I'm not the type of people to place a lot of focus on the lyrics but I've come across some great stuff on emo or screamo records (seriously) and most of the cringe there is i can just look over but here the instrumentals are so tame there is no way to ignore some lines.
>>
>>65847692
it's not for you then. this is a pretty tame album as far as 'cringey' lyrics goes. the vast majority of the lyrics flow pretty well.

i've heard too many emo bands with shitty 'random xD' lyrics to care.

christian is a genuinely good lyricist btw
>>
Do you guys enjoy Citizen?
>>
>>65847604
Look, i don't know if a band member actually had to go through that but they clearly didn't know how to translate it to music and thats the most insulting part of it. I didn't wanna use this as an argument but I had a friend who committed suicide and some that have attempted and this really only feels like a breakup album.
>>
>>65847847
I don't think it's a concept album.

It's just the vocalists personal experiences.

Housebroken wouldn't have any place on a concept album like that lol
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.