[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck did the guy who is responsible for Raditude and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 307x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 307x300
How the fuck did the guy who is responsible for Raditude and Beverly Hills create this?
>>
he sold out
>>
I mean, Beverly Hills is pretty hard to top, man.
>>
>>65844068
This ain't impossible.
This ain't improbable.
>>
File: mail order bride.jpg (254 KB, 700x986) Image search: [Google]
mail order bride.jpg
254 KB, 700x986
Rivers got rich and finally scored his dream Japanese waifu. There was no reason for him to try anymore.
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 470x554) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 470x554
I'M BEAT
>>
He poured his heart and soul and the world rejected it (remember, Pinkerton was a huge flop when it came out). He developed an obsession with creating the perfect pop song. He decided never to be sincere again (I'd argue that, save for Foolish Father, EWBAITE and White still aren't emotionally sincere albums).
>>
>>65845108
BEET RED
>>
>>65844068
i mean tb h it wasn't the same guy your cells are completely replaced every 5 years :D
>>
>>65844086
What? Weezer sold out in 94
>>
>>65845133
>>65845084
basically these
>>
>>65845133
O Girlfriend is pretty sincere
>>
>>65845133
>He decided never to be sincere again
This really only applies to Maladroit, Hurley, and most of Green.
EWBAITE and White are the most "sincere" albums since Pinkerton.
>I've Had It Up To Here
>King Of The World
>Do You Wanna Get High?

You're mixing up sincerity with angst.
>>
>>65845216
damn...
>>
>>65845387
I guess some of it is more sincere than before, but I definitely didn't mix sincerity with angst.
In fact, the angstiest song on EWBAITE, "Ain't Got Nobody", is by far the least believable. I don't buy Rivers singing yet another >tfw no gf anthem when he's happily married with children.
And I'm not sure if "I've Had It Up to Here" is as honest as it presents itself as. Rivers spent almost 15 years trying to be the best Happy Meal he can be; I can't believe he suddenly made a full 180.
>>
>>65845580
>you can't feel loneliness even with a wife and kids
I get where you're coming from, but Ain't Got Nobody is one of the few Weezer songs with some layers and depth. Ain't Got Nobody is the opener of the album and it lays out all of its themes of relationships in one chorus:
>relationship with women
>relationship with father-figures
>relationship with fans

For I've Had It Up To Here, you may have a point. However, that song doesn't even take a stance on what's right or wrong, so I wouldn't call it a 180. Sure the verses talk about how he doesn't wanna make sterilized garbage anymore, but then in the chorus, it's almost like he's defending himself. He belts how he actually tried his best but it was the fans, you who had "plugged up your ears." It's pretty contradictory, but I think that's how he honestly feels. Conflicted. A tug of war between who's right and wrong, his gut feeling as an artist, or his critics.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.