[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of Motley Crue?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
What does /mu/ think of Motley Crue?
>>
Stupid look.
Stupid sound.
Arrogant fucks.

Should have stayed dead when they OD'd
>>
Probably the best hair metal band.
>>
I saw them live when I was a teenager, pretty great show. One of the better hair metal bands.

Never forget Vince Neil is a piece of shit that killed a guy.
>>
I like them.
>>
File: waaaaaa.gif (1 MB, 450x345) Image search: [Google]
waaaaaa.gif
1 MB, 450x345
>>65843489
more like Moldy Shoe
>>
>>65843539
>has never listened to dream warriors
>>65843535
correct
>>65843563
respectable
>>
They were social chameleons; even during the end of their time as a band.

They just always did the popular thing, or what was expected of them.

They went from mimicing glam acts like new york dolls in the early eighties, to copying the heavy metal leather trends of the mid eighties like judas priest.

They were sociopathic fucks. Nikki Sixx is cringe tier sensitive boy now, vince niel is a fat pig that killed the drummer of a GOOD hair band and Tommy Lee is at least a dude that's just being himself.

Mick mars is probably a ghost or something.

Best album is shout at the devil, everything else is difficult to listen to including dr.feelgood.
>>
>>65843539
>what is Def Leppard
>>
They're decent party music.
>>
>>65843644
i'm pretty sure mick mars died a long time ago and they just hired a puppeteer
>>
>>65843644
>They went from mimicing glam acts like new york dolls in the early eighties, to copying the heavy metal leather trends of the mid eighties like judas priest.
And then copied Bon Jovi in the late 80s.
>>
File: christgau1med.jpg (18 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
christgau1med.jpg
18 KB, 400x266
Shout At The Devil [Elektra, 1984]

It should come as no surprise that this platinum product is utter dogshit even by heavy metal standards. Under orders from editors unable to distinguish Iron Maiden from Wynton Marsalis, my beleaguered colleagues at the dailies have been saying so all year and every insult goes into the press kit. Still, I must mention Mick Mars's dork-fingered guitar for getting to the one truly remarkable thing about this record--a track called 'Ten Seconds To Love' in which singer Vince Neil appears to boast (!) how fast he can ejaculate. Therein I believe lies the secret of their appeal--if you don't got it, flaunt it. Followup--'Pinkie Prick'. D+
>>
The only Motley Crue you need is Too Fast For Love, Shout At The Devil, and Decade of Decadence.
>>
>>65843489
Too Fast For Love is one of the best rock albums of all time.
>>
>>65843678
Def Leppard started sucking when they transitioned from a NWOBHM band to a glam band. (After one album)
>>
>>65844608
Two albums.
>>
>>65844623
High N Dry has 4 good songs. The rest is trash.
>>
>>65844652
Hi bait
>>
>>65844652
Another Hit & Run
You Got Me Runnin'
Lady Strange
On Through The Night

...before you ask which ones.
>>
>>65843553
>I saw them live when I was a teenager, pretty great show
Were there many fine white trash chicks there flashing their ta-tas at the band?
>>
>>65844695
OTTN is from the first album, not H&D.
>>
>>65843678
This. Def Leppard probably had the most dignity a hair band could have. At least they dressed somewhat normally on stage and didn't look like complete goofballs.
>>
>>65844725
Fucking pleb piece of shit.
>>
>>65844725
On Through The Night is the name of their first album. Also happens to be track 8 on High N Dry.
>>
>>65844753
Ok I was confused with something else. Nvm.

>>65844729
They're Bongs. They have that British gentleman thing to them that's lacking in Motley Crue and other American bands.
>>
>>65844608
Rock Brigade is just a ripoff of Bachman-Turner Overdrive's Roll On Down The Highway. Same chord progression and everything.
>>
>>65844949
Funny how it sounds different then.
>>
>>65844949
>actually listening to dadrock to be able to know this
costanza.jpg
>>
>>65844949
Yes. There are a great many rock songs with 4/4 time that reuse the same 3 chords.
>>
>>65844949
Roll On Down The Highway was a big UK hit. I feel very confident that Leppard knew that song.
>>
>>65844949
>>65845009
If you listen to enough dadrock, you do notice stolen riffs a lot. For example, Detroit Rock City stole from a Grand Funk Railroad song (Footstompin' Music).
>>
justin bieber laughs like a little school girl, it is such a turn off. He tries so hard that its fake and it makes my pussy dry. He is such a try hard. A real man is natural, he is fake as shit and intelligent women can see him for the fraud he is. He doesn't even write his own music, he has people do it for him because he has no talent.
>>
>>65844585
Meh.
>>
>>65845572
Nothing else captures the spirit of disenfranchised late 70s/early 80s youth like that. Except maybe Cheap Trick.
>>
>>65845366
I remember in one of Christgau's reviews he comments on BTO's penchant for stealing riffs so don't act like everyone didn't do it.
>>
>>65843644
>Nikki Sixx is cringe tier sensitive boy now
I agree. He's a little Tumblrcore weenie now.
>>
>>65843489
Annoying fucking look annoying fucking sound, music for children who are "into classic rock" and trashy middleaged women.

Nothing of value.
>>
>>65845761
pleb spotted
>>
I do like TFFL especially because Vince doesn't have that annoying aggressiveness to his vocals he has on the later albums.
>>
>>65845761
Back in my day, trash middle aged women were into Elvis.
>>
Live Wire is a killer song. I could listen to it 10x in a row.
>>
>>65843489
literally WHO?
>>
>unironically discussing Motley Crue
/mu/ is dead.
>>
>>65846775
Hi newfriend.
>>
>>65846775
Don't you have a thread about ITAOTS to post in?
>>
TFFL has more of that raw club/punk sound and not as much of the polished stadium rock of SATD and beyond.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.