[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: We try to find reasons to own a Record player.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: best-record-player.jpg (74 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
best-record-player.jpg
74 KB, 500x335
ITT: We try to find reasons to own a Record player.
>>
>>65839849
You value physical media more than you do digital media.
>>
owning a collection of records
>>
>>65839849
You have a lot of records.
You like the sound of them and/or the aesthetic of the apparatus itself.
>>
>>65839849
Because you want one, what other reason is there.
>>
being a pleb
>>
>>65839849
I need something to play vinyls
>>
You like the feel of vinyl, which brings an extra layer to how you perceive the music you're playing.
>>
>>65839849
There are many records that are not available digitally. I'm talking about $1 bowie ripoffs and funk/jazz no ones heard of
>>
The feeling of rubbing the disks on your head is nice. Being able to listen to the music is a bonus.
>>
>>65841150
I love nailing them on my wall when I've finished rubbing them on my head.
>>
>>65841320
I love how there's grooves on them, it gives you a nice grip on your fingers when you grab them
>>
uploading a pic of your new record player on instagram and reaping in those sweet sweet likes
>>
People like having physical copies of their music?
>>
Special limited releases that your favorite artists put out, or old records you like that are relatively valuable on vinyl
>>
buying old thrift store records to sample or make non-music with
>>
Much easier to listen to entire albums
>>
Great records like ''Pet Sounds'' being everywhere on vinyl and now seemingly impossible to find on CD.
>>
Restoring my grandfathers Marantz hd660s and rebuilding his vintage sound system as a surprise present to him.
>>
sampling famo.
>>
>>65839849
they're fun
>>
File: 1.jpg (83 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
83 KB, 1000x750
>>65845029
>>
because of all the albums I bought in the 70's and 80's
>>
I've played all my vinyls only one. I rip them in FLAC and then sell them to gullible fucks. Those records will probably end destroyed by being played in a Walmart Crosley turntable.
>>
Because the only sounds you'll be hearing from it will be when you bring a white girl back to your place and her panties make a thud nearly denting the floor.
>>
>>65845052

sexy speakers
>>
Looks p baller.
>>
>>65843420
https://www.amazon.com/Pet-Sounds-Beach-Boys/dp/B00005ASHM
9.99 Brand New CD.
>>
>>65845158
After she see's it, of course.
>>
>>65845111
What do you recommend buying without going in the enthusiast price branch?
>>
>>65845176

Thanks. that's just a google image I found.

The bass shakes my room.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.