[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the largest discography you've listened to in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9
File: animalcollectivediscography.png (104 KB, 811x964) Image search: [Google]
animalcollectivediscography.png
104 KB, 811x964
What's the largest discography you've listened to in full, /mu/? For the sake of continuity let's keep it to just full-lengths and EPs, though, compositions can also apply. Live albums, singles, and everything else are optional.
>>
Probably Bowie, although I never listened to Tin Machine
>>
Bull of Heaven
>>
File: Striborg.jpg (44 KB, 600x449) Image search: [Google]
Striborg.jpg
44 KB, 600x449
Striborg

Guy has dozens of albums and demo tapes. I don't even know why I've listened to them all, I guess I was just curious about him and something about his music keeps me coming back even though it's all the same. Kinda embarrassing now that I think about it.
>>
>>65832959
Striborg is cool. He is like the ultimate outsider black metal artist. Some of his albums are so weirdly unique.
>>
the fall
>>
The Byrds excluding their live albums
>>
AFAIK I've listened to absolutely everything by Venetian Snares except his early releases that can't be found anywhere
>>
Aphex Twin and all his aliases

Most of it was at least okay
>>
>>65832382
Majority of my music library is discographies and I have listened them all
>>
>>65833201

First Ennio Morricone. Listened to 67 of his full scores. He's done about 500 so I'm behind :/

All Pink Floyd except the last one and division bell

Then Led Zeppelin, listened to everything but Coda

Then maybe Bob Dylan, Gorillaz, Rush, Cream,
>>
i've listened to all released Elliott Smith and a majority of his unreleased stuff circulating
>>
>>65832428
Same for me
>>
File: ae.png (167 KB, 819x1958) Image search: [Google]
ae.png
167 KB, 819x1958
all good desu
>>
i haven't finished it yet, but i've listened to a ridiculous amount of boris material. i think i still have like 15 items left
>>
File: 4aac845c.jpg (330 KB, 658x658) Image search: [Google]
4aac845c.jpg
330 KB, 658x658
>>65833302
same

pic related was the final elliott smith-related thing i haven't heard yet and impossible to find on the internet until its recent reissue
>>
>>65832382
Sex Pistols
The Avalanches
American Football
Temple of the Dog
Rites of Spring
Jeff Buckley
Blind Faith
Madvillain
>>
>>65833377
Any underrated ones you feel like sharing?
>>
Green Day desu
>>
>>65832777
checked and keked
>>
>>65832382
Every Porcupine Tree and Steven Wilson related project including live albums, compillations and EPs
>>
U2
>>
Probably Lil B. Even listened to the myspace collection.
That was years ago so I haven't caught up.
>>
Radiohead - including all EPs, took me a week of looking, i've since lost some

Kanye West - fuck you i like him
>>
Zappa. ~100 albums + bootlegs.
>>
>>65834093
Jesus I looked for the Myspace Collection, but megaupload was already dead
RIP my dreams
>>
REM or The Cure
>>
>>65834112
Impressive
>>
>>65833502
kek
>>
>>65834117
I got it on mediafire over 5 years ago
>>
Nine Inch Nails
At first glance it's a small discography but all the remix albums make up about half the shit Trent releases.
>>
Probably Einstürzende Neubauten. They don't have that many studio albums (only 11), but I've listened to a lot of their lesser known limited edition albums, EPs, live recordings, compilations, solo albums etc.
I'm currently working on Klaus Schulze's discography, halfway through it. RYM lists 46 studio albums, but he also has many interesting live albums, bootlegs, side projects and 50 CD box sets of unreleased material...
>>
>>65832382
Frank Zappa and Buckethead
>>
>What's the largest discography you've listened to in full, /mu/?

the Mountain Goats
>>
>>65834749
>Buckethead
Liar
>>
>>65834929
I'm not lying. I just dont have a job a he's my favorite artist
>>
>>65834112

Same

Beat the boots or bootlegs in general?
>>
File: biill nelson.jpg (23 KB, 299x256) Image search: [Google]
biill nelson.jpg
23 KB, 299x256
Bill Nelson
his discog is endless
>>
File: Graveland Immortal Pride.jpg (43 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Graveland Immortal Pride.jpg
43 KB, 300x300
Graveland definitely. I own around 30 Graveland CDs, including full lengths, EPs, demos and splits.
>>
The Beach Boys, including loads of bootlegs - though I still haven't heard some of the 80s albums.
>>
Prince.

I had already enjoyed two of his albums before he died but never went any further. Afterwards I decided to check out the rest of his discography. It definitely dips from the mid-90's onwards, but he had an amazing 10 year run in the from the late 70's-80's so that's kind of understandable.
I still have some more to go but I not really expecting much.
>>
Anco

i have every possible release digitally and im only missing spirit on vinyl to complete the collection
>>
thergoton
>>
Viper
>>
>>65835398
lel
>>
>>65832382
Daniel Lopatin
>>
>>65832382
Honestly I'd say lil b, he does get a lot of shit but his songs are just fun to listen to.. the entire discog which I think is around 55 albums (2900 songs) including the 2 800+ based freestyle mixtapes. TYBG
>>
File: hailsatan.jpg (58 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
hailsatan.jpg
58 KB, 300x300
>>65834875
This
holy shit what a rabbit hole that is

compounded by the fact that every week or so he's trotting out some unreleased thing he wrote ten years ago, to be played once live, then lost forever.
>>
>>65832382
Miles Davis.
>>
>>65835240
My friend got spirit on vinyl for like 40 bucks and I can only find it for like 400 now
>>
>>65836360
My dad is good friends with one of the guys from Fat Cat and back when we used to live in Brighton he'd give him some of the new releases. He actually reccomended spirit to me. I have that sung tongs, danse manatee and feels I think as well as some Mum and Set fire to the flames and Sigur ros. I feel bad because I've only just started with Anco. Spirit is really good though.
>>
Probably OPN, but a lot of his lesser known stuff has tracks found on other releases (The Pretender being the worst offender)
>>
n-no...
>>
probably fucking Mogwai
all those records.. damn
>>
File: big ass list.jpg (720 KB, 794x1500) Image search: [Google]
big ass list.jpg
720 KB, 794x1500
I don't even know why I did it.
>>
jandek. Listened them all
>>
MF Doom or Deerhoof or Stranvinsky
>>
either lil b or jandek
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.