[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Winter's Love the greatest piece of recorded music ever?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (151 KB, 316x316) Image search: [Google]
image.png
151 KB, 316x316
Is Winter's Love the greatest piece of recorded music ever?
>>
No.

Music is completely subjective and I doubt anyone can come up with a decent argument to prove me wrong.
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 500x750
Yeah

I wish I knew how to write music like him
>>
>>65831048
Go away reddit. We know music is largely subjective but spouting this phrase in every thread leads to no interesting conversation or meaningful discourse.
>>
>>65831050
>I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I
>>
no, Who could win a rabbit is
>>
>>65831050
and panda bear wishes he could write music like brian wilson
>>
>>65831050
why does he have like no facial hair lol
>>
>>65831014
One of em. Truly magical
>>
No, especially considering it's not even the best on that album, that would be Kids on Holiday or Visiting Friends.
>>
>>65831331
I would take Kids on Holiday but Visiting Friends is such a poser answer
>>
>>65831014
No but it's certainly up there.
>>
yes anon it actually is
>>
>>65831131
I can't find anyone who shares my opinion that this is the best track on the album. I think it's because people are afraid to say they like the poppiest track the best
>>
I firmly believe Mouth Wooed Her is the best song on this album.
>>
>>65831774
O:
>>
>>65831094
This tbqhfam
>>
>>65831014
I love it. Have you seen this? I miss the old ANCO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDRlFxxG6bs
>>
>>65831135
At least he can sing like him. I can't wait for Brian to finally kick the bucket so AnCo can finally record some Beach Boys covers in tribute.
>>
>>65832170
It's good but fucking Deak on his god damn bongo drowns everything out.
>>
>>65832213

PURA DEAK
>>
>>65832170
>i miss the old anco
all your favorite songs and records are still there and still just as magical. they're just going in a new direction now. you can either be optimistic about it or bitter. i don't like the way so many "fans" have been reacting to Painting With, it feels totally unwarranted.
>>
>>65832349
I think it's ok to like just part of a band's discography and wish they did more of it. I liked the hippie acoustic and tape sample version, and I don't like bleep bloops. You like all anco but don't like what other people think. To each his own
>>
>>65833349
>hippie acoustic
so you're in it for the image?
>>
File: here comes the indian.png (133 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
here comes the indian.png
133 KB, 220x220
>>65832349
Anco used to be at the forefront of musical innovation and experimentation, painting with is a clear and obvious departure form that. i'm allowed to be butthurt about that.
>>
>>65833650
yeah duh dude. girls loved that shit back then. devendra banhart and MGMT and AnCo were all I wanted to be
>>
>>65831774
honestly this song is underrated as fuck
but I'm with OP so Winters Love kind of towers over the whole album for me
>>
>>65831774
it's third after Winters Love and Visiting Friends tbqh
>>
The softest voice makes me cry
>>
>>65833709
Visiting Friends is perfect
>>
>>65833690
I love Here Comes the Indian, its better than Painting With. However, PW is innovative and experimental. Like, seriously, show me another record that sounds like it.
>>
>>65833725
I know, and that should be a testament to how perfect Winters Love is for it to just barley edge it out most of the time.
I think both are up their as some of their best songs ever.
>>
>>65831014
No.

That would be Alvin Row
>>
>>65833805
Alvin Row isn't even the best song on Spirit you pleg
>>
>>65833740
Fanboy and chum chum
>>
>>65833751
>barley
>their
holy shit I'm bad at typing
>>65833849
u sure got him bro!!!1
>>
>>65833740
To be fair this is still anco we're talking about, and anco has a distinct sound that can be heard across their discography. Just because painting with is instantly recognizable as an anco album doesnt mean that it's innovative.
>>
>>65833905
this post doesn't make any sense. you're saying because it sounds comparable to their other work (which it doesn't) I believe it's innovative? Wouldn't that make me think its a retreading of old ground? Anyways, still waiting on someone to show me some stuff that actually sounds like Painting With.
>>
>>65833941
nooo it's cause you said
>Like, seriously, show me another record that sounds like it

There is no other record that sounds like it because it's anco, and only anco sounds like anco. But it is by far their most derivative and accessible release, far from innovative
>>
>>65834097
not that guy, but I think even ignoring the 'anco sound' it's still pretty unique
I agree with him in that I don't think there's anything else out there like it
>>
>>65831774
Mouth Wooed Her > Winters Love > Rabbit > Leaf House > Kids on Holiday > Visiting Friends
Everything else is about even
>>
>>65834164
not that guy
Winters Love > Visiting Friends > College = Mouth Wooed Her > Sweet Road = Who Could Win a Rabbit > We Tigers > Good Lovin Outside > Leaf House > Whaddit I Done >>> The Softest Voice > Kids On Holiday
all of it is like 9-10/10 though
>>
>>65834237
>Kids on Holiday
>Last
>>
>>65835218
just never could get into it too much compared to pretty much every other song
that being said, I think The Softest Voice is beginning to grow on me a lot, especially after hearing a live recording of it that was pretty beautiful
>>
>>65834237
wrong
>>
>>65835713
prove it ya dingus
>>
>Brian Wilson will never listen to the softest voice or college

;___;
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.