[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: jensen.jpg (36 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
jensen.jpg
36 KB, 450x450
Have about 30 bucks to spend and a 35 dollar target card, I'm sure you other brokebois will understand.

Is this even worth the money? I'm in desperate need of a turntable at this point, I'm looking at the Jensen Three-Speed. The built-in speakers are a turn off but they wouldn't be used anyway, and it's only like 40-50 bucks.. Would I get my money's worth out of it?
>>
No buy fucking CD's vinyl isn't a cheap hobby don't bother
>>
>>65830178
i already have plenty of those, but I have some prog vinyl, an MPP LP and a Rings of Saturn LP coming in the mail and I'm tired of collecting these and not listening to them so far haha.
>>
>>65830178

>buying CDs.

If you're going digital, go all the way and just download FLACs. There's zero reason for anyone to buy CDs in this day and age.
>>
>>65830266
is this a good turntable for the cost though? It's pretty cheap, and I have a decent speaker system so will I get a good sound out of it?

I just want something to play my vinyl, will this be okay in conjunction with good speakers?
>>
>>65830266
>There's zero reason for anyone to buy CDs in this day and age
They are physical, flac isn't.
>>
>>65830295
No. Don't get it. Save your money for something better
>>
>>65830295
It's not a good turntable buy an LP120 or go used it might be over your budget but it is worth it
>>
>>65830313
thank you for your contribution

will do. an LP60 is significantly cheaper, would that be a good alternative?
>>
>>65830296
so
>>
>>65830353
I had one and honestly it's fine but honestly I kind of wish I had gone straight for the LP120
>>
>>65830363
Would you rather have something or nothing?
>>
>>65830364
alright, that's a fair argument. It's good for what I need, but doesn't contain all the best features of the LP120. Thanks man.

I'll probably start with the LP60 anyway because I'm too short on cash to spend $250 on a record player, although it'd probably be worth it.
>>
>>65830387
you still have music with digital, that's all i really care about
>>
File: url.jpg (22 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
22 KB, 300x300
>>65830130
sean paul here
35 bucks isn't enough to get any sort of proper hardware, no matter the type
sub-100 turntables have issues bigger than built-in speakers namely the lack of adjustable counterweight (absolutly required to set your tonearm correctly so that playing your records do nto damage them) cheap and/or proprietary cartridges (the most famous example being crosley's ceramic needles that dig into a record's grooves) and overal very poor quality built (with unconsistent rotation speed fuck just look at that picture you posted it's a 10" platter that will have some overhand with all 12" records which is not a good thing for them at all)
>>
>>65830409
If your house burns down, you can claim the individual CDs in your insurance. You can't if it's just flacs.
>>
>>65830404
It's your call man but I ungraded within 6 months because there were features I wanted that it didn't provide a non adjustable counter weight not being able to change out the stylus etc
>>
>>65830404
I'd really recommend saving up some money and going straight for the LP120. Don't bother with an LP60.
>>
>>65830409
>that's all i really care about
Not really. You have no emotional investment in digital files since they don't physically exist and thus care less about the actual music. You also the succumb to poor listening habits, relegating music as background muzak while you shitpost on 4chan.
>>
>>65830296
>They are physical

That's still no reason to buy CDs because Vinyl is infinitely superior to CDs on that regard. CDs all look like cheap junk next to them.
>>
>>65830540
>implying I can play vinyl in my car
Nice try.
>>
>>65830130
Save your money and hunt craigslist for something better. You're much better off grabbing a decent used vintage table for cheap now, and later spend more on a nice cartridge/stylus.
>>
>>65830130
This thing looks like it will sound like hot trash, even if you plug it into external speakers.
>>
>>65830548
>he can't play vinyl in his car
>>
>>65830404
Go straight for the 120, it's worth it to save and wait.
>>
it is not worth the money
chinese low quality parts
it will ruin your lps
wait and save your money for something better
>>
>>65830424
so you download them again
>>
>>65830266
>There's zero reason for anyone to buy CDs in this day and age.

Assuming I want to purchase my music legally, it's often cheaper for me to buy a cd and import it to my computer.
>>
>>65831174
With what computer? it burnt up
>>
>>65830548
>Moving the goalposts this much

Why the fuck do you *need* physical media on your goddamn car?
>>
>>65831303
By that logic you don't *need* any media in your car at all.
>>
>>65830266
Maby some of us like having hard copies of their music
>>
>>65831444
Cars? Get the fuck out of here with this unnecessary bougie extravagance
>>
>driving cars

god youre all so insufferable
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.