[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /mu/, what is your opinion on this often overlooked gem?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 600x600
Hey /mu/, what is your opinion on this often overlooked gem?
>>
Necromancer is a 10/10
>>
File: rush-hemispheres-gatefold.jpg (2 MB, 4291x2148) Image search: [Google]
rush-hemispheres-gatefold.jpg
2 MB, 4291x2148
3/10

Hemispheres is superior in every way

although lakeside park is pretty catchy
>>
>>65823005
Hemispheres is my second favorite, behind Caress of Steel, to be honest.
>>
le gem xD
>>
I love this album. The side long epic is a bit sloppy, but Bastille Day is a slab of heavy-as-fuck proto-metal. Also The Necromancer, despite ridiculously cheesy narration, is pretty fucking awesome. Shows Rush getting a bit psychedelic, which is rare. There's a rumor that they were tripping acid the entire time this was recorded, and you know that'd make a lot of sense. Not their best album, but it's solid as hell.
>>
>>65822874
The Necromancer, and the first and last sections of The Fountain of Lamenth are definitely 10/10s for me. The rest I can take or leave.

Prolly 7/10 overall desu.
>>
Lakeside Park and Fountain of Lamneth are 2 of my favorite Rush songs. I got as giddy as a school girl in heat when they played Lakeside Live during their last tour
>>
>>65822874
I enjoy this album tremendously
>>
File: mw.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
mw.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>65822937
>>65822874
Could not agree more. I have not listened to COS in a while but I think I will now.

For newcomers this album requires a little patience but it is pure prog excellence.

For those interested, the song "I think I'm going bald" was written as a comedy piece about Kim Mitchell whom they were touring with at the time they wrote COS.

They did collaborated on the original max webster release (pic related). Imho the track battle scar is one of the most unknown gems in my collection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSaM2I28gVE
>>
>Bastille Day
Good opener, heavy and has a good beat

>I Think I'm Going Bald
Weakest track on the album, still a decent rock tune

>Lakeside Park
Great riffs followed by an awesome chorus

>The Necromancer
One of my top 10 rush songs. Pure prog.

>Fountain of Lamneth
They were trying to achieve something they weren't quite yet experienced enough to do. Side length prog epic with some fantastic parts but held back by the "Panacea" part.

Overall its an 8/10 for me
>>
Really good album, Fountain of lanmeth is the weakest, but they got better at doing epics with 2112
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.