[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of Audioslave?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: Audioslave Out of Exile (2005).jpg (49 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Audioslave Out of Exile (2005).jpg
49 KB, 500x500
What does /mu/ think of Audioslave?
>>
>>65820092
It's just Rage Against the Machine with Chris Cornell
>>
>>65820092
SHOW ME HOW TO LIIIIIIIIVE
>>
>>65820092
Been listening to it a lot the last few weeks. Self titled album is a great to just rock out to, great summer vibe imho. Don't even remember their other albums though.
>>
>>65820092
That album was the 9th grade.
>>
I fucking hate this stupid fucking band

I hate Chris Cornell, I was never a big fan of Soundgarden (IMO they were like a shittier version of Alice in Chains) and this band is like Rage if you got rid of all the aggression and cool shit they were doing

My father used to play their second CD all the fucking time in the car, for literally an entire year while I had to ride with him to work. Literally the legitimate CD, that he bought, in like 2007 or whatever. Finally one day I had enough and ripped it out of the CD player and threw it out the fucking window and went on a 20 minute tirade about how "Be Yourself" is not a fucking deep and meaningful anthem, it's a shitty fucking radio pop song and the bassline is garbage, and Chris Cornell is not a great vocalist because he "sings between the words" and draws out four words over twelve fucking bars you fucking hack, and fuck them, they need to put everything aside with De La Rocha and get back to being Rage, if Tom Morello aka the shittiest guitar player in the world ever decides he wants to play cool riffs again

We didn't ever talk about Audioslave after that
>>
>>65820134
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwKcMdiq60s

Sounds like a bad imitation of the more commercial Nirvana tracks to me.
>>
>>65820092
Soundgarden, except not as good.
>>
>>65820092
I like them. they were the last mainstream rock band that didn't blow total ass
>>
That guitar solo in Like A Stone is one of the worst things I've ever heard.
>>
>>65820674
you're an asshole, but i'd probably do the same
>>
>>65820484
We were all young and foolish once.
>>
>>65821008
My father is a musician (so am I) so he would always go on like 5 minute sessions where he would just fellate this band and talk about how great they were and how much he liked them, WHILE LISTENING TO THEM, literally either at 5am or 5pm on our way to or from work. This was after I had repeatedly replied with either indifference or blatantly said I didn't like them or think they were all that great

Later on he got a Three Days Grace and then Stone Sour CD (both legitimately bought from a retailer, he doesn't even have the decency to pirate this garbage) and would play them all the time and talk about how great they were. I wondered how my father's taste could have fallen so much when he was the guy who got me into good dadrock (most of my records are from his collection and includes cool shit like Led Zep, Pink Floyd and Dokken) and thrash metal but somewhere I guess he just lost his way and couldn't figure out what was garbage and what was good anymore

He also likes Nickelback and Kid Rock
>>
audioslave=seasoned musicians going through the motions to keep themselves busy and make money. it's like the musical equivalent of nicolas cage's movies of the past 10 years
>>
>>65820674
I get your frustration, but calling Chris Cornell a hack is just objectively wrong.
>>
>>65821959
Listen to his solo albums and tell me that

I've never liked his songwriting, and unfortunately, in Audioslave there was a lot of it

It might just be me but I'm not super impressed because a vocalist can hold a midrange note for 6 seconds and draw out 4 syllables into a line. Reading Audioslave lyrics is like reading a children's novelization of Empire Strikes Back
>>
>>65821920
What do you think a supergroup is? Once upon a time, there was a little thing called the Traveling Wilburys.
>>
I actually think their first album holds up really well. Of course it's nothing amazing, but they are really surprisingly good at the sound they've adapted for this group. I'm not sure exactly why, but these songs just sound really comfy to me, kinda in a 70s rock or CCR kinda way. I fucking hate Brad Wilk though, and especially in Audioslave, he ruins the groove on every song he's on
>>
>>65820986
I actually like Audioslave but holy shit all of Toms solos on these songs are horrendous. Either completely phoned in, or some faux-experimental bullshit shoehorned into an otherwise conventional song sticking out like a black thumb
>>
I like em
>>
They're okay.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.