[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've listened to this album about four times this week and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: songcycle.jpg (349 KB, 1600x1589) Image search: [Google]
songcycle.jpg
349 KB, 1600x1589
I've listened to this album about four times this week and for the life of me I can't tell if I like it or not. I'm not a big fan of ragtime. I feel like it would be perfect if it was just avant garde strings and baroque pop

What do you all think?
>>
Rogers and Hammerstein on the strongest acid money could buy
>>
its like a really bad disney soundtrack from the mid 60s

>avant garde strings
lol
>>
>>65818986
I didn't like it the first few times around but after hearing Pet Sounds first and then SMiLE, then Song Cycle felt like a natural progression of the style. So maybe try that OP.
>>
Song Cycle can best be described as an even more avantgarde version of SMiLE: whereas SMiLE was using pop songs to describe a cross country journey, Song Cycle shows the journey itself. Ideas flit by and don't return in songs with no real structure. It's more about a sense of travel and journey than it is about being accessible.
>>
>>65819154
oh my god shut the fuck up its literally just nostalgia shit from the tin pan alley era
>>
>>65819178
Hmmmm what an informed opinion
>>
>>65819197
Song Cycle can best be described as an even more avantgarde version of SMiLESong Cycle can best be described as an even more avantgarde version of SMiLESong Cycle can best be described as an even more avantgarde version of SMiLESong Cycle can best be described as an even more avantgarde version of SMiLESong Cycle can best be described as an even more avantgarde version of SMiLESong Cycle can best be described as an even more avantgarde version of SMiLESong Cycle can best be described as an even more avantgarde version of SMiLESong Cycle can best be described as an even more avantgarde version of SMiLESong Cycle can best be described as an even more avantgarde version of SMiLESong Cycle can best be described as an even more avantgarde version of SMiLESong Cycle can best be described as an even more avantgarde version of SMiLESong Cycle can best be described as an even more avantgarde version of SMiLE
>>
>>65819178
>>65819068
top samefag friend
>>
>>65819154
>>65819101
This is making so much more sense now. I had no clue Van Dykes Parks worked with Brian Wilson
>>
>>65819220
Really? He co-wrote the lyrics on SMiLE and did some production. Pet Sounds is what got Van Dyke's attention and then he wanted to work with Brian.

It's all pretty cool actually.
>>
>>65819068
plen spotted
>>
>>65819214
oh SHIT anon you fucking GOT ME holy shit what the fuck
>>
I've listened to this album about four times this week and for the life of me I can't tell if I like it or not. I'm not a big fan of experimental country. I feel like it would be perfect if it was just radio country strings and country pop.

What do you all think?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.