[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I like how Tyler talks about depression and suicide in a way
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
I like how Tyler talks about depression and suicide in a way that isn't like angst-y emo and post-hardcore music.

Who are some artists that often talk about depressing shit without being overly edgy?
The genre doesn't matter to me.
>>
Hipster douche-bag cancer fuck-wit. Everything he says is fake and simply counter-culture.

Wisen up, retard-o.
>>
>>65817055
>Everything he says is fake and simply counter-culture.

But Tyler actually did grew up on that culture and what he raps about (his adolescences, growing up with no father, rise to fame) actually did happen.
>>
>>65817024
lol as if Tyler knows anything about depression, the guys a dumb immature idiot who has no knowledge of any things adults go threw because he has got the mind of a 13 year old.
>>
>I'm so emo I cut myself and play piano
>>
>>65817024
Tyler is shit.

HOWEVER

Earl Sweatshirt is nice, Lil Ugly Mane, Death Grip
>>
>>65817163
>Self made millionaire through directing videos, rapping, clothing line, and producing

>dumb immature idiot who has no knowledge of any things adults go threw because he has got the mind of a 13 year old.
>>
>>65817163
And you know so much more right? You first world cunt, you have nothing to be depressed about, fuck off.
>>
IDLSIGO is more emotive than anything tyler could hope to accomplish
>>
>>65817163
>knows instead of "knew"
>"""threw""" instead of through
>he has got (???)
>>
>>65817203
>>65817345
>op asks for non-edgy
>LUM
>Earl
>DG
>>
Andrew Jackson Jihad has some songs about depressing shit.
>>
This thread really shows how underage you all are. But hey that's nothing new so this post is pointless
>>
>>65817024
>I like how Tyler talks about depression and suicide in a way that isn't like angst-y emo and post-hardcore music

Seriously? I fuck with tyler and all but seriously?
>>
>>65817404
Earl is legitimately your best bet OP.

That recent Jerimiah Jae collab album is good. The Night Took Us In Like Family or something.
>>
>>65817024
Um....Elliot smith,morrisey,Ian Curtis and Kurt cobain are people who can actually write about depression well. Seriously op your either dumb as fuck or young as fuck if Tyler the creator is the only person you know who can write about depression....pleb
>>
Neofolk is great at doing that.
>>
>>65817404
did you listen to i don't like shit?
>>
>>65818858
yes, it isn't necessarily edgy but definitively angsty
>>
>>65817055
your argument is second to none, good sir!
>>
Hokago no Teatime is the emo-est of all

Very mature about it too
>>
>>65817163
english motherfucker, do you type it?
>>
>>65818306
please keep using ellipses... they make you sound so much smarter!
>>
File: cover.jpg (2 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
2 MB, 1000x1000
>>
File: Front.jpg (25 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Front.jpg
25 KB, 500x500
Y'all are gonna hate me for this one
>>
File: 1463869272614.jpg (80 KB, 800x434) Image search: [Google]
1463869272614.jpg
80 KB, 800x434
>>65817163
>the guys a dumb immature idiot who has no knowledge of any things adults go threw because he has got the mind of a 13 year old.
>>
>>65819095
YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO BE DEPREESSSEEED
>>
That's because niggers are incapable of playing instruments OP
>>
>>65817024
I seriously can't comprehend how people who aren't 13 can listen to tyler.
>>
>>65819373
Bastard is a really good album if you've had a shitty childhood.

Can't say I care for the rest of his work, but it's not 'the worst thing ever' or worthy of all the bitching in this thread.
>>
Conor Oberst
>>
>>65817024
Notorious BIG
>>
File: master and everyone.jpg (1 MB, 1785x1785) Image search: [Google]
master and everyone.jpg
1 MB, 1785x1785
>>65817055
>>65817163
>>65817203
>>65817188
This is the kind of shit that's bringing down /mu/. No one fucking cares about the things you don't like, that's not the point of the thread. If you can't contribute, then don't bother posting.

Anyways, pic related fits the bill. Will Oldham might be the saddest dude alive not named Mark Kozelek.
>>
>>65817326
>You first world cunt, you have nothing to be depressed about
just cause im not shot doesn't mean scraping your knee doesn't hurt
>>
>>65820321
I did contribute though

>>65820176
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AA4xY8RrDpA
>>
>>65817024
>I love how Tyler talks about depression and suicide in a way that isn't angst-y emo and post-hardcore music

Wew lad, don't insult post-hardcore like that.
Tyler is meme rap to the core, his fans are mostly white middle class girls in suburbs who want to act slightly edgy. He is a hack and the most and he has not made one good album.
>>
>>65817154
didn't he grow up rich or in a good neighborhood or something?
if rap wasn't popular maybe then you'd see that "angsty" "edgy" depressive behavior come out
hes a [spoiler] lucky uncle tom [/spoiler]
>>
>>65820404
>Wow I don't have gf or I don't have many friends rooo

Pretty much the only problem you motherfuckers have. Sit down.
>>
>>65817024
>tyler the creator
>not edgy
lmao
>>
>>65820966
>loneliness isn't a problem
>endless rejection isn't a problem
>barely living up to mediocrity isn't a problem
>knowing you'll most likely die alone, broke, living with your parents isn't a problem
go kill yourself i already thought this was bait
>>
Why are 13 year olds allowed to make threads on here?
>>
>>65821173
you don't have to live with you parents, you can do all that stuff and live in a shit apartment in the bad side of town, with just a recliner and a TV, maybe some bottles of alcohol
>>
>>65821205
because this website doesn't check for age, and this is most likely bait
>>
>>65821234
>you can do all that stuff and live in a shit apartment in the bad side of town, with just a recliner and a TV, maybe some bottles of alcohol
if you can afford to move out then you can afford to improve yourself somewhat
>>
>>65821266
>barely living up to mediocrity isn't a problem
I thought this implied having a dead end job and not going anywhere, what is mediocrity to you? No job is worse than mediocrity
>>
>>65821173
Why don't you kill yourself? Oh wait you already will soon.

>loneliness
Go outside.

>endless rejection
Plenty of fish. What, you're gonna kill yourself because she said no?

>Living up to mediocrity
Yeah, because you're so intelligent but an underachiever right? You're gonna let that define you?

>knowing you'll most likely die alone, broke, living with your parents isn't a problem
What do you know about the future?

Seriously the amount of self-loathing you guys have is absolutely pathetic. What's the point of anyone giving you tips and help if you're just gonna continue slobbing around doing jackshit?

Yeah, kill yourself, you manchild.
>>
>>65821293
minimum wage is mediocrity
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 333x426) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 333x426
>Tyler
>not overly edgy
>>
>>65817055
>retard-o.
Retard-o's are my favorite brand of cereal.
>>
>>65821311
>>loneliness
>Go outside.
>lol bro whats depression man just turn dat frown upside down bro :^)
rejection takes a toll on people,whether you like to admit it or not. mediocrity implies that someone isn't living up to any decent standard no matter how hard they try. You'd be surprised at how many people stay in the same place for years on end.

btw im just pointing out some problems people might have that can at least justify their depression or self loathing, not ignoring it entirely.
>>
>>65817024
>I like how Tyler talks about depression and suicide in a way that isn't like angst-y emo and post-hardcore music.
since when?
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.