[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not believing in Astrology when P-Mac and B-Wils were born on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: paulbrian.jpg (50 KB, 652x408) Image search: [Google]
paulbrian.jpg
50 KB, 652x408
>both play bass
>both leaders of their continents most influential rock bands
>both universally recognized as musical geniuses
>>
>>65817019
also both look like wax statues in that pic
>>
Except they weren't
>>
>>65817061

shhhhh
>>
File: 1466404823048.gif (2 MB, 325x244) Image search: [Google]
1466404823048.gif
2 MB, 325x244
>P-Mac
>B-Wils
>>
>>65817019
>the beach boys
>most influential USA rock band

i can understand the beatles, but how did you figure the beach boys other than to fit your confirmation bias?
>>
>>65817146
he probably means with regards to recording techniques and production
>>
>>65817061
they were both born on June 19 moron
>>
>>65817061

using remote viewing, i have determined that they were actually born at the exact same moment on other sides of the planet. Due to clerical errors, time zones and antiquated methods they used back in the old days their birthdays are "technically" 2 days apart, even though they both popped out simultaneously irl
>>
>both leaders of their continents most influential rock bands
USA's most influential rock band was the velvet underground you illiterate baboon
>>
>>65817187
kEk
>>
>>65817168
You mean stuff Frank Zappa and Phil Spector was doing before them?
>>
>>65817332
>very few people care about them
>most influential
>>
>>65817019
I don't believe in astrology because I'm not a 45 year old woman
>>
>>65817332
>literally believing scaruffi
wow
>>
>>65817019
I do believe in astrology though, it's a snapshot of the universe at the moment of your birth. Nature is cyclical why would the lives of humans not be aswell?
>>
>>65817393
influence can be argued to be more about exposure than innovation
>>
>>65817416
>>>>>>very few people care about them
it really is summer out here
>>
>>65817061
two days apart is still pretty spooky. astrology must be real.
>>
>>65817507
No argument then?
>>65817495
So then The Beatles are more influential than The beach Boys.
>>
>>65817019
More like they had to make due with one half of a normal person's talent each.
>>
>>65817187
>using remote viewing
what did he mean by this?

>>65817507
compared to the beach boys very few people do

>>65817529
yes, but that's irrelevant because OP claimed they were the most influential in their respective countries.

still even in the US the beatles would be more influential.
>>
>>65817495
Ability can't.
>>
>>65817569
>using remote viewing

it means he can see their computer desktops.
>>
>>65817600
right. but this discussion is about popular influence.
>>
Actually, The Byrds are the most influential US rock band.
>>
>>65817762
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>65817768
god only knows
>>
>>65817670
nice meme
>>
actually the "The" was the most influential
>THE
>>
>>65817613
They're still shit doe.
>>
>>65817882
How so?
>>
>>65817811
fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.
>>
>>65817946
Oh what instrument do you play again?
>>
>>65817946
>critic critiquing critics
>relevant to anyone's enjoyment of music

lmao
>>
Its a shame and yet worth a laugh that the closest thing they had to a collaboration in their hay days (or in general as far as i am aware) was Paul eating a carrot on a stoned out jam about vegetables

I feel like if these 2 men had crossed paths before their lives were consumed with their respective bands, they might not be as well known to us, but could have left us with some very sophisticated pop records!!!
>>
>>65818257
>>65818284
FUCKING SUMMERFAGS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>65818519
Confirmed for b8ed newfreind trying to fit in
>>
>>65817762
is that literally wereverwero
>>
they are gemini
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.