[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DO YOU HEAR THE PEOPLE SING?! Is Les mis patrician?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
DO YOU HEAR THE PEOPLE SING?!

Is Les mis patrician?
>>
Absofuckinglutely, anon. Unless it's the garbage Hollywood rendition
>>
>>65814640
>>65814292

Find the 1987 edition, it's my favorite, but if you have a chance to go see it live, do so.

Seeing live theater is an underrated recreational activity in general. The only people I know who dislike it are humungous faggots
>>
>>65814754
I prefer the 84 one
>>
yes

hell yes

so many killin' songs
>>
I'm a Sweeney Todd guy myself.
>>
>>65814884
6/10, got me to reply

>>65814820
You mean 1985?
>>
>>65814970
YEah british
>>
>>65814985
Yeah, I started with the 87 Broadway record maybe that's why I prefer it, well as being a yank myself
>>
It's the plebbiest musical of all time. Literally the Queen/Shawshank Redemption of musicals
>>
>>65815084
thanks for stopping by and contributing. what are your patrician picks, anon?
>>
Is the original 1970 Jesus Christ Superstar patrician
>>
>>65815465
Andrew Lloyd Webber is a talentless hack
>>
>>65814292
Saigon is better.
>>
>>65814754
just saw it on broadway a couple weeks ago, it's a really awesome musical. if you're ever in New York and get the chance to see it, definitely go.
>>
>>65815781
>>65815465

anything by claude michel schonberg > anything by andrew llyod webber
>>
>There are people who like the Phantom of the Opera

Stop.
>>
>>65816816
I can't stand the Phantom of the Opera. Even fuckin' Cats is better than it.
>>
File: jekyll.jpg (28 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
jekyll.jpg
28 KB, 500x500
>>65814292
posting best musical

this is legitimately my favourite album of all time
>>
>>65814292
Le Mis sucks though
>>
>>65815084
>the plebbiest musical of all time
by definition wouldn't this be Rent
>>
>>65815084
This
>>
File: 1447101369772.jpg (22 KB, 300x265) Image search: [Google]
1447101369772.jpg
22 KB, 300x265
>mfw the Disney musicals
>>
what are /mu/'s thoughts on hamilton?

>tfw didn't expect to get into it as much as I did
>tfw made me cry

>tfw I learned daveed digg's rap on guns and ships
feels good
>>
File: was-ist-das.jpg (27 KB, 350x465) Image search: [Google]
was-ist-das.jpg
27 KB, 350x465
>>65814292
>pseudo opera
>mfw
>>
>>65814640
I liked the movie, but i'm a pleb who's never seen/heard it before that.
>>
When I was in high school chorus, I had to listen to faggot normies sing stuff from this musical everyday. I'm gonna go with no.
>>
>>65815465
I only like ALW when he's doing bible stories JCS and Joseph are both amazing for completely different reasons.
>>
>>65817557
Does that make La bohème the plebiest opera?
>>
>patrician

Well it's one of the most famous musicals ever, so that alone takes away patrician status. Musicals in general can't be patrician (inb4 rock operafags)
>>
>>65819667
>the plebiest opera
what is Carmen
>>
>>65817557
Musically it's not great and the plot is too melodramatic to take seriously. Of the musicals I've heard it's the worst.
>>
>>65819726
>Well it's one of the most famous musicals ever, so that alone takes away patrician status.
You're making the bait too obvious. You should have just said:
>Musicals in general can't be patrician (inb4 rock operafags)
It's more believable and will still get butthurt responses.
>>
Les Mis is one of my favourite books ever. I've never seen the musical performed live, I've only seen the 2012 film adaptation of the musical and it was pretty good. I don't know if you can call something immensely popular and very accessible "patrician," but as far as a story goes it's great and I highly recommend the book to anyone looking for something to add to their reading list.

>>65819932
Do you mean Rent or Les Mis? I've never seen Rent.
>>
>>65820363
Rent. I've heard the cast recording which I didn't like and I'm not really interested in seeing it performed. It has a few good songs but a lot of crap. Some of the stuff (like the "Tune up" tracks) are just fucking abominable.
>>
>>65820363
yeah i was gonna say this, the book is great.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.