[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
lyrics should NEVER be considered more important than the music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: original-33594-jokeren3.jpg (166 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
original-33594-jokeren3.jpg
166 KB, 620x465
lyrics should NEVER be considered more important than the music itself, and bad lyrics is not a valid reason to shit on otherwise good music, excerpt if what is sung simply sounds so retarded that it's outright distracting

am i right?
>>
non sensical or abstract lyrics can be tolerated, cringeworthy lyrics like for example Mercy - Muse cannot
>>
what do you fellas thnk of these lyrics?
its supposed to be an american horse opera

"Some many days ago in philidelphia
all aboard the train I'd love to go on their with ya
But now events do demand I must leave the city
all aboard iron horse i'd love to have her here with me
Whats above, that sound of guns and charging calvary?
Try and keep it down love, for your voice brings them chargin
In to our cabin he took his to revolver to aim and
robbed your life without the quaint and proper elegance
If you would enjoy one more time, allow me a chance"
>>
>>65812810

I think when you start focusing on what should and shouldn't be, in regards to art, that you miss the meaning and beauty in all art.
>>
Lyrics are central to several genres, and bad ones ruin songs in them. Look at slowcore for an example.
>>
>what is sung poetry and protest songs
>>
>>65812842
Help me
I've fallen on the inside
I tried to change the game
I tried to infiltrate
But now I'm losing men in cloaks
Always seem to run the show
Save me from the ghosts and shadows
Before they eat my soul

wew lad
>>
>>65813012
But isn't that because the instrumental parts in songs belonging to those genres are generally very sparse?
>>
Advice on writing lyrics? I've been jamming with my friends lately and having the time of my life but they want me to start singing (I did a lot of choir and musicals back in school so I've got a voice) and I have no idea what to sing. I've considered grabbing a book of poems and reciting but that seems lazy
>>
>>65813094
Yeah, but it still invalidates the OP.
>>
>>65812810
>his music needs lyrics
lmao what a a pleb
>>
>>65813274
But do you still think lyrics are so important, even in those genres that you're thinking about, that they are more important than the sound of the singer's voice, the sound of the instrumental parts, etc.?
>>
>>65813251

Tap into your inner feelings and use rhymer.com
>>
>>65813604
They're equal.
>>
>>65812810
Yes, 100%.

Like lyrics? Read poetry, asshole.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.