[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your opinion on this album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
What is your opinion on this album?
>>
perfect, like all of enos pop albums
i actually like warm jets more, another green world is just fantastic on breezy summer afternoons
>>
>>65811376
Not as good as Taking Tiger Mountain or Before & After Science t b h
>>
>>65811376
Boring as hell, the audio equivalent of watching paint dry.
>>
>>65811405
naim?
>>
in my top 4
>>
File: brian eno.jpg (134 KB, 650x480) Image search: [Google]
brian eno.jpg
134 KB, 650x480
>>65811929
don't quiet know what you're asking bud
>>
>>65811376
One of the few 70s albums that are still listenable.
>>
it hasn't clicked for me, but i'm not the biggest fan of ambient-ish stuff so i can't say much

album art is goat though
>>
>>65812145
This. How do you guys into ambient?
>>
>>65812161
bump
>>
>>65812161
try some "active" ambient first
stuff like Oneohtrix Point Never's earlier stuff and Tim Hecker
I'd also Recommend ambient techno. Gas would make a good stepping stone into the genre after listening to other, more techno-oriented classics like Selected Ambient Works 1&2 and Autechre's early stuff
>>
>Lantern Marsh and up from Ambient 4 is perfect napping music
>Nice ~20 minute nap
>Dunwich Beach, Autumn, 1960 ends as I'm snoozing
>BURRREWWRRRRERRRRRERRRR
>Sky Saw begins and wakes me up

I hate it. I know it's a cool album but fuck it.
>>
>>65812161
just put it on
literally easiest genre to get into
>>
Pretty good 2bh
>>
>>65812501
lol
>>
>>65812445
I'll try it, thanks.
>>65812513
People vary a lot in how they experience music man
>>
>>65812445
Good advise, this is exactly how I did it and later got me into drone
>>
St. Elmo's fire is so fucking great

I can only imagine how much better this album would be with modern technology because the recording quality is its only downfall
>>
>>65812587
I'll add that by OPN's earlier stuff I mean pre-Replica stuff such as Returnal, Rifts, Dania Shapes, etc. (though if you haven't I'd definitely recommend listening to his newer stuff too) and that maybe Grouper would work well too.
>>65812600
I'm actually still going through it but it's starting to work. Mostly it's gotten me able to like droney noise like Yellow Swans.
>>
I don't get it
I realy realy like Apollo but this and his other projects, which ain't ambient, are totaly not clicking for me
>>
>>65811376
personal 10
>>
>>65811376
I absolutely love it. One of my favs
>>
Listened to it on mushrooms once, driving around GTAV (no shooting, just slowly crusing in the city) on a projector, with sound off at my friend's place.

I will probably never listen to it again in my life.
>>
>>65812621
st elmo's fire is heavenly
so is golden hours
>>
i dont know if it was the emotional context from the indie movie it featured in, but The Big Ship is the only song on this album I can tolerate. The rest of it is super repetitive and boring as fuck and has the same problems I have with most of Bowie's stuff. I know it's technically and musically well-made, but the production is too sterile and cold for me to really enjoy it.
>>
>>65812161
Put it on and do anything else. Clean, read, play some vidya, sleep.
>>
>>65812663
Just put on Returnal, that scared me a good bit.
>>
My least favorite of his rock albums
>>
>>65813521
yeah, that first song is definitely different from most of what he's done and probably not the best starter. I still really like it though.
>>
>>65814004
No worries, I'm enjoying it.
>>
>>65812445
seconding tim hecker, i didnt really like ambient but it's more similar to drone so
>>
>>65814032
good to hear then, Lopatin is one of my favorite artists post-2000 so it's always good to see people get into his stuff
>>
>>65814004
That track is some of the best noi I've heard tbqh
Not that I'm a noise expert or anything
I'd recc Galactic Tornado by KK Null for fans of that track tho
>>
>>65811638
B A I T
>>
>>65811376
10/10, to be quite perfectly honest
>>
favorite Eno songs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unmwse1v2vY

perfect
>>
>>65816388
GOAT live version of Golden Hours

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zu6GO0e9pBo
>>
>>65812697
Did you freak out or something?
>>
>>65811638
agree honestly. Never understood it. Sounds like 80s music
>>
Eno writes really bland songs and his production is dated. Some of his ambient is pretty good though, and even if he made Talking Heads' sound blander, his collaborations with Byrne are cool. I don't like his songs or his production work generally though. what's the appeal?
>>
>>65811376
he is my favorite artist although i like wrong way up a lot better but another green world hooked me into his type of music
>>
I'm fucking shocked some of you don't like this album.
For Christ's sake.
I fucking hate /mu/.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.