[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PS1 as a Dedicated CD Palyer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: playstation2.jpg (55 KB, 698x319) Image search: [Google]
playstation2.jpg
55 KB, 698x319
Thoughts?
>>
kill yourself
>>
sure go fucking wild with it man
>>
>>65810837
K Y S
>>
I used to listen to Radiohead on my PS1. That was only two weeks ago actually.
>>
>>65810837
does it do gapless? if so yr all set dude
>>
i believe in you
>>
>>65810837
it will sound like shit. use your computer.
>>
>>65810837
Actually I think the PS1 has some great pre amps that make your cds sound very crisp.
>>
File: SonyPS1a.jpg (431 KB, 1600x1063) Image search: [Google]
SonyPS1a.jpg
431 KB, 1600x1063
>all this hate

There's plenty of sites that agree the original model SONY PS1 Systems are great entry level CD players.

http://www.stereophile.com/cdplayers/708play/#9RBW3RsfcYZKdzWd.97

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-CPPGPma6478/UAYXPUAe1HI/AAAAAAAACKQ/6mlavYqmr9U/s1600/SonyPS1a.JPG
>>
>>65810942
also their DACs are military grade
>>
>>65810978

>"their DACs are military grade"
>All that money when I could spent $10 at a thrift store for an excellent CD player
>>
>>65810936
i had read some time ago that ps1's were actually audiophile heaven and it made cds sound really good or something
>>
>>65810837
>playstation2.jpg
>>
>>65810837
IMPLYING IT WORKS
>>
>>65810837
that shit will scratch your CDs
>>
the original ps1 was actually an incredibly quality cd player
>>
>2016
>PS1 CD player meme still exists

truly blessed times we live in.
>>
File: win 95 happy customer.jpg (53 KB, 640x472) Image search: [Google]
win 95 happy customer.jpg
53 KB, 640x472
ITT: it's 1995
>>
>>65810892
yeah it does. the ps1 works like a real cd player would; it reads a red book audio cd as one long continuous audio track and checks an index track written to the lead-in to tell it at what points in time the different tracks on the album are.

this is different to a lot of modern cd players which take the information from the index and the audio and reads the disc as separate files, like a data cd, which is not how red book cd's are meant to be played

you can always check how good your cd player is by putting in an album with a hidden track on the lead-in (usually found by pressing play on track 1 then rewinding) songs for the deaf by qotsa is good for this. if it doesn't let you rewind past the beginning of track 1 then it's shit and you should get something else
>>
I mean yeah it'll work but the dac in it probably sounds like shit
>>
>>65812465
Windows 95 was so good
>>
>>65810837

back when I was a youngster my friends and I were really into psychedelics and frequently used the PS1 to play CD's, because it would do the really cool visuals on the TV, and you could mess around with them by pressing the buttons on the controller

I was super mad when PS2 didn't have this feature.

Follow your dreams OP, PS1 is a great CD player
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.