[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you honestly think about them?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (430 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
430 KB, 1920x1080
What do you honestly think about them?
>>
Top 3 groups of the last century IMO
>>
Astonishing in how brilliant they are
>>
Some amazing albums
Some great albums
Some average albums
Some bad albums
Some really bad albums

They run the gambit
>>
>>65806194

One of my favorite bands of all time. I saw them live here in Chile last year. I could die tomorrow and I wouldn't mind a bit. Life sucks anyway mom.
>>
I want to start listening to The Residents and I think I won't be overwhelmed and confused, because I am a musician and I like listening to ''weird'' music (jazz, jazz fusion, prog, Zappa, Captain, etc.). What's a good album to start with considering my taste? Also, I would really like to ''understand'' them and their music - what are some good sources for that?
>>
>>65806194
Legit
>>
Duck Stab and their debut are some of my favorite albums
>>
>>65806423
Meet The Residents is a good place to start
>>
do the residents sound like cabaret to anyone else?
>>
File: the_residents_flowchart_0.jpg (3 MB, 4096x5022) Image search: [Google]
the_residents_flowchart_0.jpg
3 MB, 4096x5022
>>65806423
here you go
>>
File: The Residents - Eskimo.jpg (64 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
The Residents - Eskimo.jpg
64 KB, 600x600
Post your opinion on the best, worst, most overrated, and Underrated album.

>best
Eskimo
>worst
Hunters
>overrated
Duck Stab
>underrated
Smell My Picture
>>
>>65807507
>best
Not Available

>worst
The Big Bubble

>overrated
Duck Stab

>underrated
Fingerprince

>>65806423
If you want to "understand" The Residents, I would recommened the documentary "Theory Of Obscurity". A pretty great documentary about their history and their art.
>>
They're so bloody fun
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.