[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: The-Getaway.jpg (545 KB, 1425x1425) Image search: [Google]
The-Getaway.jpg
545 KB, 1425x1425
Thoughts?
>>
The 2/5 Tiny Mix Tapes reads like a 3.5/5 release and if you taste for lite-funk it's worth a listen. I just can't stand the vocalist, people make fun of his lyrics which I think are borderline clever, it's his voice that spoils the exp for me.
>>
the fact that these threads keep dying after 30 minutes should tell you enough
>>
RHCP hasn't been relevant since ever.
All their stuff is shit.
>>
>>65804276
I hate you.
>>
Is it just me or does the production feel quite sterile, for lack of better words?
I mean, take Dark Necessities as an example. When the bassline kicks in it feels very underwhelming, as opposed to what it could have been (the bass on BSSM f.ex. was beastly). Not to mention that the drums sound very boring and barely progress, at all. Could have been a killer track, but it feels very meh to me. Same goes for the rest of the record.
>>
>>65804462

Don't shoot the messenger. Their seminal albums are mediocre at best, and apart from having a good bassist their existence is forgettable. Heck, Faith no More during the Epic-era was better at their shtick than they were.
>>
its alright.
>>
>>65804506
Yep especially the drums sound beutered as hell
>>
>>65804611
Neutered not beutered
>>
>>65804593
How old are you?
>>
>>65804695

Couple years over 30, let's keep it at that.
>>
>>65804611
It also feels like there's no momentum, at all. And the different sections glide into eachother all too smoothly
>>
>>65804611
This. They're working with Danger Mouse. It's the first album since MM (i think) without Rick.

But yeah the drums especially sound like ass. A real shame.
>>
File: morissey.jpg (94 KB, 750x748) Image search: [Google]
morissey.jpg
94 KB, 750x748
>>65804741
Yeah MM was the last one before they got Rick. He did a great job with bssm and OHM.
>>
>>65804251

The problem is, he's been doing that lyrical shtick for about 30 years now. For me, the band's three best albums are BSSM, Uplift Mofo Party Plan and Mother's Milk. He was doing it back then too (and on the earlier albums as well).
>>
>>65804593
anybody who dislikes rhcp's best albums is just an idiot.
>>
Here is how I rank the RHCP discography

1. BSSM
2. Uplight Mofo Party Plan
3. Mother's Milk
4. Freaky Styley
5. One Hot Minute
6. Californication
7. RHCP
8. By The Way

and honestly, I've not listened to the last 3. I didn't even realize they had a new album out until this weekend. Can't say I'm gonna run to get it.
>>
>>65805038

Or someone with actual functioning ears.
>>
We need to bring back elitist /mu/.
I want to literally puke of pure disgust.
>>
>>65805208
It's your second favorite album by them and you don't know what's it called

Nice one mr troll
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.