[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the consensus on this album on /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
What's the consensus on this album on /mu/?
>>
Release date: May 20, 2016

crap I guess we are supposed to have a consensus by now
>>
DUDE LYRICS
>>
I like it because I am the clear target audience, white, middle-class male under 20 who feels disenfranchised and discouraged.
>>
>>65799788
really shit
>drugs are better with friends are better with drugs are better with etc.
fucking retarded lyrics
>>
i like it a lot better than their earlier stuff for sure.
>>
>>65799839
Wait shit I turned 20.

I fucking forgot. Jesus.
>>
>>65799788

not terrible, but everything that it trues to accomplish has already been done better by more interesting artists. Titus Andronicus, Deerhunter, and Cymbals Eat Guitars spring to mind as groups that have focused on themes of alienation, young male suburban ennui, and sexuality in ways that are much more interesting musically, and have more to say than "dude im so sad lmao". And that's not even touching that lofi indie rock has been done way better 20 years ago..

its the kind of record that people who are just getting into music are really impressed by, but for those who have been listening for a while, its really nothing special

and Will is kind of annoying
>>
>>65800000
quints of truth man, excellente
>>
>>65800000
will the furfag ever recover?
>>
>>65800000
quints of thought
>>
>>65799839
>white,
>middle-class
>male
>feels disenfranchised and discouraged.
What the fuck, your life ain't that bad, quit bitching.
>>
>>65800160
hey tumblr
>>
>>65800000
this, even Deerhunter are better. which is sad.
>>
>>65800160

its probably because he's too scared to ask out sally jane from down the block

well here's some news for ya

JUST DO IT PUSSY

>>65800225
nah Deerhunter is pretty cool. they're definitely better than the average pitchfork buzzaband. that said, Atlas Sound is better.
>>
>>65800192
Hi, buzzword. how's it hanging?
>>
>>65800274
he's gay
>>
>>65799788
I enjoyed it. It wasn't anything special but it was nice to listen through.
>>
>>65800000
But I think he's commenting on it satirically, specifically the hypocritical aspect of those kinds of "disenfranchised" trust fund fucks (like myself) who felt depressed even though they didn't know what it was. I think it's a pretty smart record, definitely not the best of the year but not bad.
>>
File: Twin Fantasy.png (874 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Twin Fantasy.png
874 KB, 1000x1000
>>65799845
I found that spinoff of anadiplosis (by starting and ending each sentence with “drugs” or “friends”) to be a clever cyclical comparison reflecting the highs and lows and repetitive nature of drug use.

It illustrates the typical evolution of drug use. Starting with the perceived mutual benefits of doing drugs with friends, before devolving into a state where a choice must be made of which is better – likely a nod to the fact that continual drug use can alienate people close to the user.

Those were not bad lyrics, you just have 'fucking retarded' poor grip on lyrical evaluation.

Personally I think the album is, in regards to lyrics, much strong than what you find on any album of a similar genre.

>>65799839
almost as if Will is only 23 and a majority of the content comes from reworking material he created between being 19 and 22.
>>
I like him and his music because I imagine him browsing 4chan and posting in feels threads.

And his music isn't too abrasive
>>
>>65802641
holy shit your trip must be your diet too
>>
>>65802735
COCKSBe1nU
Difficult to read given your circumstances so I'll simplify it. Cocks Be In U. It's describes a position you are in so often it is safe to depict in the present tense.
>>
>>65799788
it's a good album imho: I like the guitar solos, the lyrics feel genuine, Toledo's voice has the right amount of teenage angst and Willy is kinda cute
but the cover art is weak.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.