[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what happened to this guy? He literally hasn't produced
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: weezy.jpg (547 KB, 500x679) Image search: [Google]
weezy.jpg
547 KB, 500x679
So what happened to this guy? He literally hasn't produced a hit since 2014 and sort of fell of the grid. Is he done with rap or has Drake just completely replaced him?
>>
>>65796634
he produced nothing but hits from 2006-2012 then passed the torch to drake
his work here is done
>>
He had a seizure recently so he's still up to stuff
>>
>>65796741
kek
>>
>he didn't listen to Collegrove

This is one of the most fun to listen album I've heard all year. Wayne drops some of his best lines on this shit.

Give Bounce and Blue-Cnote a listen
>>
File: ColleGroveCover.jpg (15 KB, 316x315) Image search: [Google]
ColleGroveCover.jpg
15 KB, 316x315
>>65798535
forgot cover
>>
>>65796698
this
>>
>>65798557
holy shit is that what lil wayne looks like now
>middle aged wayne
>>
>>65798535
Literally haven't heard a single hit from that album.
>>
>>65798771
That's 2 Chainz not wayne dumbass
>>
>>65798771
Idiot
>>
>>65798794
>hits
I don't understand your point? It had a really lowkey release back in March, but it's a really solid work throughout.
>>
>>65798824
isn't he like 4 feet taller than wayne
>>
>>65798945
I'm saying it's not mainstream. Literally none of the songs are being played on the radio, and if they are then none of the songs are top 10 on the charts as far as I've seen.
>>
>>65799136
Oh yea it isn't very mainstream considering all the big names that went into making it, but I'm glad it isn't really. I've listened a bunch of times and I really dig it because a lot of it feels really personal from Chainz but it never really falls into that droney emotional reminiscence that happens when shit gets too personal in rap like bitch ass drake.

I don't know what to call it other than a fun listen if you dig 2chainz and wayne over-the-top style. Also it's much to listen to in a car because just saying because it has that fast moving feel to it
>>
people don't fukkk with wayne no more. he hasn't gotten bad, but the boy ain't changed too much since like 2008. if he died circa carter 3 he would've gone down as one of the greatest, but he has honestly pumped out mostly lukewarm garbo since then. he usually makes for a dope feature still tho
>>
>>65798945
i heard some shit played from this at a party and people complained lol
>>
>>65799497
Those people have shit taste, but whoever had the aux at that party is an idiot too because there aren't any songs on it I would consider party fuel.

Like I said in another post, it's really a better chill or driving album
>>
>>65799545
tru I didn't give it much of a chance. only heard the radio version of "hey little bitch" or whatever.

I watched DEHH or dj akademiks review it and they weren't so keen on it. Also saw some interview where lil wayne said he cried from one of 2chainz verses.

Idk 2chainz solo stuff is usually wack to me, and no borders 2 and fwa didn't speak to me, so I started sleeping on weezy but I'll check it out since you speak highly of it
>>
>>65799650
Oh cool, I really hope you like it.

And yea that's what's cool about the album cause I agree that 2chainz solo stuff is normally pretty forgettable, and desu even on this album he has some hit or miss verses, but the addition of Wayne is what makes this album.

Chainz and Weezy sync-up really well on most of the songs. when one maybe falls short on a cheesy verse, the other will swoop right in to drop a fire/funny line.
>>
>>65796634
Drake is his successor, literally.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.