[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LIKE A BLACK FLY IN YOUR CHARDONAAAAAAAAY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
LIKE A BLACK FLY IN YOUR CHARDONAAAAAAAAY
>>
Alanis was my first waifu
>>
HOW 'BOUT THEM TRANSPARENT DANGLING CARROTS
>>
Best (worst?) one album wonder ever.
>>
Ironic is unironically a good song

Isn't that ironic?
>>
Jagged Little Pill is great
>>
>>65796500
That video is fucking weird.
>>
>>65796633
excuse moi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_LFnEoG62Q
>>
>>65796443
I could never choose between her Jewel and Sheryl Crow
>>
>>65796664
Assuming the only song off of it you heard was Ironic which largely spares you from her strangled cat voice.
>>
>>65796784
her voice is great you turd
>>
>>65796769
sheryl has the best discography and is the most qt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1Ij3rV_ZS4
i would religiously watch VH1 so i could see the end scene of her jumping in the mud
>>
"Oy vey, Courtney Love isn't radio-friendly. What can we do about that?"

"Let's find some other girl singer with angsty lyrics but bigger hooks on them so you can sing along."

"Good idea. Soon the shekels will be pouring in, Moshe."
>>
File: Christgau Sheryl Crow.png (105 KB, 1577x705) Image search: [Google]
Christgau Sheryl Crow.png
105 KB, 1577x705
>>65796941
:^)
>>
JLP was kind of exciting when it came out especially with the thrill of seeing a new young artist break.

And then the singles got played. And played. And played. And played to the point where it became sickening and you couldn't fucking stand them. Eventually, from interviews and her subsequent career, it seemed that she mostly just used music as a stress release for her crummy romantic life.

Also JLP sold a ridiculously ginormous number of copies, right up there with Cracked Rear View and The Sign as one of the hottest albums of the mid-90s, so thrift stores got flooded with copies in a hurry. Granted, Alanis's music had more substance than those other two albums, also people could have ripped the CD to their computers, still it was already a common sight in bargain bins before the 90s was even up, suggesting even people who genuinely liked her wanted that album off their shelf.
>>
File: 1461037302542.jpg (29 KB, 267x395) Image search: [Google]
1461037302542.jpg
29 KB, 267x395
>>65796784
>thinks You Oughta Know isn't 10/10
>>
>>65796985
don't worry i'm currently on the phone with my local authorities, HE will be taken care of soon
>>
One of the most insanely overrated albums of all time. How can a record have six singles on it and all of them are awful?
>>
BTW, don't miss out on the LP reissue of JLP which was created from (apparently) the original master tapes.

On a side note, this does almost seem like a weak cash grab...
>>
>>65797489
It was so goddamn overplayed on top of the media retards fapping to AM's supposed edginess (saying "fuck" on the Grammys, wow) that I can't say anything nice about it. Besides, she may have taken several million American teenagers to the cleaners, but those of us in Canada who knew about her Britney Spears past were wondering just how much of this wasn't a product of really, really crafty Jew marketing.

In retrospect, JLP sounds like the rantings of a schizo with obvious mental issues that you would not want to be in the same room with.
>>
Yeah it's funny how people pretend that JLP was this passionate, spleen-venting work of art when really it came off as a cynical cash grab to tap into a market for an alternachick singer who could be played on the radio, which was not the case with Hole.
>>
Isn't it ironic that Ironic has no actual examples of irony in it?
>>
>>65798137
Still probably the most listenable and least obnoxious song on there. I do kind of like Ironic and the song and the music video capture the essence of the 90s almost perfectly.
>>
>>65798238
>>65798137
Considering it's like the only fucking song on the album that's not about waahhhhh men suck how could you fucking do this to me, jerk.
>>
I enjoyed it waaaay back, just after it was released, but I can't stand it anymore.

In truth, I think she sounds like a caterwauling cat and I lump it with similar wannabe alternative acts of the day I liked back then, like The Cranberries or Skunk Anansie: Trying to stand out with some yodeling or hysterics while musically being very unremarkable.
>>
Also give Supposedly Former Infatuation Junkie a try. It's completely different from JLP.
>>
>>65798733
And not for the better. JLP was energetic, had bite, and you could feel like she had something to prove there. SFIJ is slow, dirgy, and boring.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.