[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went so right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: A Moon Shaped Pool.jpg (108 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
A Moon Shaped Pool.jpg
108 KB, 512x512
What went so right?
>>
True Love Waits definitely didn't. The other version 16 years ago sounded so much better than the studio. It's like it sounded more depressing.
>>
It's like a sadder, dreamier IR. I personally like the more textural approach this album takes, as well as the stronger emphasis on string sections. It's pretty good.

>>65795812

Probably because it is more depressing. There seem to be little bits here and there possibly about Thom feeling worse about his break-up than he let on, and TLW seems to be one of those moments. It's a somber take on the song, very Videotape-esque.
>>
>>65795769
nothing

lmao
>>
>>65795769
it's less interesting than TKoL so of course /mu/ and pitchfork love it
>>
>>65796957

Eh, TKOL really isn't a particularly high benchmark for anything. For all the loops and polyrhythms, the songs still sound like something you'd expect from the Amnesiac sessions, albeit with a bit more of a nature motif and a little more rhythmic. To be honest, I don't see what's so challenging about it.
>>
File: 1437069546814.jpg (786 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1437069546814.jpg
786 KB, 1024x1024
I actually think TLW did go right. I think Identikit definitely went wrong though; I also think Ful Stop and Present Tense could have been better.
>>
>>65797079
but those are the three best songs on the album anon
>>
>>65797105
Yeah, but I think they could have been better. I thought the 2012 Ful Stop version was better; and I also think the Mexico Soundcheck version of Present Tense sounded better
>>
>>65797079

Agree on Identikit, could go either way with Ful Stop, disagree on Present Tense. Identikit's synths were way too flimsy, Ful Stop definitely sounds softer than expected but something more abrasive would sound out of place among the other songs, and...well, I simply see nothing wrong with Present Tense, shit's ace yo.
>>
>>65797155
"NO ONE'S BUSIIIIINESS BUT MIIINNEEE"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmbg3Z0x6jQ

They should have kept that version of the lyric in the album. Sounded way better imo
>>
identikit's shit
>>
>>65797079
I disagree because I think the album is perfect but you're redeemed by that sick Kid Pinkerton pick
>>
>>65797231

Eh, that bit notwithstanding this version sounds more formative. The album version has a much smoother swagger to it.
>>
>>65797465
True, but I think the full-band arrangement of this version had the potential to sound massive, as you can hear here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysQa172xBAA

The laid-back version is nice, but I feel like this version would have had a bigger impact
>>
>>65797379

Wouldn't call it shit but it is one of the weaker tracks IMO. Would still put it above The Numbers for sure, and just above Desert Island Disk. Rest of the album beats it as far as I'm concerned.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.