[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CHILDISH GAMBINO NEW ALBUM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
I'm sure there are some Bino fans in this sea of contrarian piss.

Thoughts? Oh, and Bino thread.

>inb4 lmao meme rap lel
>>
The countdown is now over, and it has been confirmed that Pharos contains a path toward both new music and live performances from Childish Gambino. In fact, it seems that Pharos is the title of Gambino's upcoming album, which he plans to premiere live at the beginning of September with three concerts in the Joshua Tree National Park in California.
>>
>>65794022
>App is apple only

And now I'm not buying it. Gonna have to torrent that shit.
>>
>>65794022
That's not his collab with Chance.
>>
>>65794022
I'm sure the music will be as competent and inoffensive as that graphic design.
>>
File: chromies.jpg (122 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
chromies.jpg
122 KB, 640x640
>>65794022
>>inb4 lmao meme rap lel
>inb4ing your own thread
>if they don't like my meme rap, they're contrarian
Good meme
>>
>>65794163
i downloaded on my s7 fine
>>
a countdown to a countdown

fuck me
>>
>>65794163
>App is apple only

Are you retarded?
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 640x701) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 640x701
>people liking Childish Gambino
>>
>>65794163
Nigga, it's on Google Play too.
>>
>>65794224
When I ask why people don't like Bino on /mu/, all they say is "meme rap" and shit. They really can't give me a logical reason on why he's bad. It's basically on par with the reddit shit.
>>
Wish I lived in California to go to this. He puts on quite a show
>>
>>65794649
a) he's a rapper i.e. untalented. He has other people make his music for him; he only exists as the celebrity face for an interchangeable team of actual musicians

b) his public image is that of a posturing 30+ year-old manbaby who is desperate for attention and respect

c) the music he slaps his name over is formulaic, sloppy, and cheesy

d) his actual rapping skills are laughable, as in so corny that I sometimes laugh at his rhymes not for their punchlines but because they were so aggressively terrible and delivered with such sincerity

e) the gimmicks, coverart, and ideas associated with his albums are undeniably shallow and convoluted, and seem to me to be intended to distract from the mediocrity of the music he's pushing. Like most amateur artists, he confuses incoherence with intelligence, and rather than achieving the image of intellect he hopes to project, he actually just displays his own inability to understand difficult art.

That's five reasons. He's complete trash, and the only way it's possible for anybody to enjoy him is to have a double-digit IQ along with virtually no knowledge of popular music. Now get the fuck off my board and go back to r/hiphopheads where garbage like you belongs
>>
>>65794224
inb4ing your own thread has been common practice for over a decade now.
>>
>>65795131
>formulaic
haha
ok, idiot.
>>
>>65795131
He makes his own music though.
>>
>>65795583
>>65795131

whoops forgot this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rdQSP7Dhck
>>
>>65795507

1. So being a rapper makes you untalented...? What type of... He writes is stuff and he also produces beats
2. Desperate for attention and respect? Nigga, this man went off grid for the past year. He's barely done anything lately besides the Atlanta show.
3. "formulaic" "sloppy" cheesy" There's definitely nothing formulaic about it, lmao. He's made his own sound and you won't find anything like his shit on the radio. Cheesy? Eh, some of his punchlines maybe. That was mainly his stuff before 2011. 2013+ is definitely is golden age.
4. What's a corny flow, anon? Please tell me.
5. Goddamn. I really wonder who are your favorite rappers. What is a good rapper to you, anon? I don't understand how you find his stuff to be shallow. It's pretty thought-provoking and deep.

Your reasons were pretty bad, my nigga.
>>
>>65795131
>go back to r/hiphopheads where garbage like you belongs
but r/hiphopheads is the better place to find out about hip hop. what are you trying to get at here, anon?
>>
>>65794022

Fuck this shit
>>
>>65794649
"Meme rap" is an ironic term and only retards would use it in any other way. People don't like Gambino because his lyrics are corny and unfunny. Though I personally thought Because the Internet was okay
>>
>>65795975
Then why don't you go back there?
>>
Fuck off. Gambino is the worst Hip Hop has to offer right now, very on par with Hopsin. Both rappers think they're more clever than they really are, and Gambino's rhymes in particular are just wack.

No need to even bring buzzwords into this, he's just garbage.
>>
>steph cucky
>>
>>65795975
>what are you trying to get at here, anon?
He's telling you to stop browsing this website and to browse that one, you absolute retard
>>
>>65794022
Hype
>>
>>65795131
>now get the fuck off my board
>my board
>my

Sensitive manchild aren't you?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.