[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>pour my heart out into my songwriting >"cringe"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 746x435) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 746x435
>pour my heart out into my songwriting
>"cringe"
>>
>>65792675
read some books nigga. best way to improve writing ability
>>
>>65792675
Your stories and pains are not cringe, but the way you tell them is.
Do what >>65792719 said
>>
>>65792719
>>65792850
Actually that was the reason I was called cringe. I made a passing reference to Leopold Bloom and a guy I know told me I was trying too hard to look smart and that I sounded like a faggot
>>
>>65792675
Lets hear it
>>
>>65792918
that is indeed cringe. steal from art obv but don't suck blooms dick lol
>>
>>65792971
Leopold Bloom is a character in James Joyce's Ulysses.
>>
>>65792675
sincerity =/= quality

study some poetry
>>
>>65792719
Read something you like too, it terms of writing.
For me, I initially though 1984 was the pinnacle of writing, because I only read novels. When I started reading books that dabble in philosophy and books related to my field of work, I found out what writing meant to me and what exactly I value universally
>>
caring about what people think of your work is your first and only mistake
>>
one thing you can try to do is, say something relatable, but in a way that hasn't been said a million times. The songs that I've made that I look back on a cringe usually have very generic chorus lyrics. And try to make it where you wouldn't be embarassed to play it in front of people.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.