[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone buy CDs anymore?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 468x577) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 468x577
Does anyone buy CDs anymore?
>>
my dad does
>>
I buy vinyl, CDs, and cassettes. I refuse to listen to music off of a computer or phone.
>>
Yeah, I think streaming music is good to test it but I look forward to a new music format and the end of youtube type services

till then I buy CDs
>>
I bought 3 CDs last month to use up some store credit I had
>>
I do
Only if they are 10$ or less
Same goes for records and no more then 5 for tapes
>>
>>65790927
You sound like a huge fag who is also gay.
>>
>>65790888
I still collect CDs

I'm a materialistic faggot who enjoys having a physical copy of things but vinyl is expensive and a shit medium that's literally only bought by nostalgiafags and image-obsessed hipsters
So I buy CDs
>>
Yeah to support the artists I like
Otherwise I'm a dirty boy who steals online copies
>>
>>65790957
And you sound like you listen to /mu/core
>>
>>65790979

I'm the exact same way
>>
>>65791010
Even if I did, I wouldn't be a pathetic fucking Luddite like holy SHIT lol.
>>
>>65790888
Yeah
I love having music physically, but vinyls are too big and expensive
>>
>>65790979
This wholeheartedly
>>
>>65790927
Autism m8
>>
Does anyone buy tapes anymore?
>>
Yep, like having a physical copy and they're cheap at the local charity shops. Plus, I can use EAC to get nice quality rips.
>>
>>65791939
Tapes are fucking dope man
>>
>>65790979
Yep, pretty much this.
>>
>>65790927
Special snowflake alert
>>
>>65790888
I've discovered during the last two years, since I can take CD-Rs home from the mastering plant, that there's an astonishing variation in quality between different CD plants. If you think digital is perfect, I have news for you. Many of us have been fooled by this myth that it's just 0s and 1s and therefore copies perfectly. It doesn't. The variations in quality are pretty wild, and random. Just the way you hook up a cable can make a difference. And there's no quality control in these CD plants, other than someone checking whether there's any level being transferred.

Most of us take it for granted that a CD is a CD, and we almost never discuss about varying standards of manufacture. I can't say too much about current US manufacturer's because I have few US made CDs. I have still detected a general shrillness to many US CDs ("let's tweek the high end to make them sound sharp to delude the general public that our CDs sound better than vinyl and tape"). Tweeking the high end also accentuated the hiss. After so many disappointments and revelations having heard import versions after getting US discs I have concentrated on acquiring import pressings.

As for maunfacturers themselves: on the import side I like the clarity of Nimbus UK but they can be hissier and lighter on low end than MPO France which produces well rounded sounding CDs. PDO have been fine except for the recent PDO UK disc rot problem. Sonopress in Germany are adequate. I used to shy away from DADC in Austria (Sony Europe uses them) but have realised that was a personal bias. Nimbus USA (Virginia) vary. Their reissues of the OMD catalogue were shoddy. DADC in Indiana (Sony/Columbia) are so so.
>>
>>65793505
>>
>>65793505
Wait an electical interferring second, I think you may be trying to ruse us
>>
yeah
I like to listen to music in my car but it glitches with CD-Rs, so I buy CDs
>>
Yeah, I buy CDs, tapes, and records. I've also bought one 8-Track for good measure.
>>
yes! love cds. i don't really care for vinyl, i only own 2 records (and 2 7').
>>
>>65790979
Yep....
>>
>>65790979
This, only I'll get something on vinyl if I really like it
>>
>>65790927
But gramps you can get CD quality music on the computer u know
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.