[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to make all types of music. but i'm interested in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: 1465433804243.jpg (101 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1465433804243.jpg
101 KB, 500x500
I want to make all types of music. but i'm interested in ambient and noise music. but how do i make an original noise/ambient recording?

i have made a few somewhat noise songs (Using samples from Alberich songs in garageband). but i want to make a somewhat original track.
any advice?
>>
Just go crazy with sounds. Play around with synths, sample everyday sounds and fuck around with them, just be creative fäm
>>
>>65790287

Noise/ambient "music is a /mu/ meme.

Pick up a guitar and learn how to make real music.
>>
>>65790492
I do have a acoustic bass and pretty shitty 100$ electric guitar with a pretty shitty small amp.
And i also have a trumpet (but I've been using less and less)
>>
>>65790553

>also have a trumpet (but I've been using less and less)

There's your problem. Trumpet music is true patrician-core.

Throw yourself back into music theory and don't listen to what these idiots tell you about recording the sound of ice melting.

You still have a chance to make truly meaningful music.
>>
>>65790287
>i have made a few somewhat noise songs (Using samples from Alberich songs in garageband)
Kill yourself.
>>
>>65790287
how can it be original if you're just doing what I tell you

just fuck around in your daw for days until you make something original
>>
>>65790492
>>65790654
what ambient music have you listened to
>>
>>65790654
That does sound nice. but i fear of losing interest in it due to the amount of practice, patience, and work i have to put into it. or the fact i might even be good at it.
It's usually hard for me to stick one thing for a long time.
for as much as i love the trumpet. i'm still a beginner. and the trumpet is a really difficult instrument to handle.
>>
>>65790708
What have you made in life?
i made a song. fug.
>>
field recordings, sampling, and getting into synths-

field recording can be the cheapest way to start with something-
>>
>>65790708
I mean it hardly matters what the original sample was when you're making noise..
Most of the magic is in the fx
>>
>>65790740

Recommend me some, faggot.
>>
>>65790941
And I'm sure you truly did Kris Lapke justice by adding a few distortion and delay plugins to his track, and EQing it a bit.

Fuck off.
>>
Slow anything down
>>
Make a half noise punk w/trumpet half chilly ambient album
>>
>>65790708
>>65790995
Do you not get the point of my thread?
>>
>>65790976
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pk0w891N-0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNe6c9wc6JE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ET1vST_xKc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GtT8uiT-C0
>>
>>65790492
>pick up a guitar

oh good, just what the world needs, another guitarist
>>
>>65791047
Sorry, I'm a shitty mood, as you can probably tell. You deserve an apology, man.
>>
>>65791157
It's Ok anon.
>>
>>65790976
that deathprod song i linked you is probably the best i've ever heard btw
>>
>>65791157
I hope you feel better soon, anon
>>
>>65791190
I hope so, I was pretty rude.

>>65791443
Thank you, buddy. That's really kind of you.
>>
>>65791766
:^)
>>
>>65791132

that's what I thought, fag

>>65791343

it's not even slightly bad senpai
>>
>>65790553
u could record simple patterns then slow em down or add fx n shit. its super fun actually
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.