[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hepl me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: barchord.jpg (37 KB, 469x352) Image search: [Google]
barchord.jpg
37 KB, 469x352
Dear /mu/ guitar players, how do I bar my chords better?
>>
practice
>>
Practise
>>
>>65783343
>>65783345
any specific ways or do I just keep letting the strings buzz out like a retard until they stop buzzing one day
>>
>>65783367
Keep toying with your finger placement and pressure, eventually you'll find the sweet spot and become consistent.
>>
>>65783367
what does practice even mean to you?
>>
>>65783440
what does anything even mean homie
>>
>>65783420
Pretty much this. Just add more pressure to the different parts of your finger and make sure when you practice you play the chord all at once and then play each string so you can find what string buzzes and adjust the pressure of your finger.
>>
>>65783367
One of the very early things I learnt that you may or may not know is that your index should be barring the strings on its side. So not flat on, like in the pic. This sort of gives your other fingers more room to move. Also make sure to throw your wrist under/forward as much as you can. Your thumb will be used just for support, but should be much less 'present' than in a regular chord.
>>
>>65783331
Git gud
>>
>>65783579
Been doing that, usually have trouble with B&e
>>65783590
This helped significantly first try, I don't know why I hadn't considered that
>>
>>65783681
Chords are all about muscle memory so find where you can get all of the notes on your chord to ring out clearly, take your hand off of the neck and then try to do the chord again and make then and the do >>65783579 and repeat. Another thing you could do is get your neck adjusted, it could be bowed out which could make playing in the middle of your neck harder since the strings will be farther away.
>>
start playing bass
>>
>>65783331
Turn off the lights and buy a flashlight. Put the flashlight in front of your hand and shine it onto a wall. That'll let you have a better visual of your hands. Build muscles by opening and closing your hand and feel free to mumble stories to yourself so you don't get bored.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.