[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this emperor's new clothes? I'm a big Radiohead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: radioheadmoonshapedmain.jpg (93 KB, 633x356) Image search: [Google]
radioheadmoonshapedmain.jpg
93 KB, 633x356
Is this emperor's new clothes? I'm a big Radiohead fan myself but I honestly don't see why it's getting praise. I think it ranks only better than The Bends.
>>
Plebs love it.

That's pretty much it.
>>
>>65782835
I don't even see it better than the bends, for me it is equivalent to Hail To the Thief, which I wasn't a huge fan of. A few good songs, but overall the bulk wasn't great. This felt like more of a Thom Yorke solo album.
>>
RADIOHEAD WAS A MISTAKE
>>
>>65782835
i forgot what it sounded like the day after i listened to it for the first time.

i swear nigel godrich and jonny greenwood should just break away from radiohead (and especially that talentless monkey, thom yorke) and collaborate by themselves since it's very clear they're both the real brains of radiohead.
>>
>>65782835
C'mon:
>Burn the witch.
a nice catchy song, not the best opener, but it's better then "You, Packt like".

>Daydreaming.
Pyramid song part 2, which is good.

>Decks dark.
8.5/10

>DID
Worst song on the album, I had to think about Led Zep III

>Ful Stop
The absolute masterpiece of this album, maybe also thanks to DID.

>Glass Eyes.
A Thom feel song

>Identikit.
Expected more out of this one, but after a few listens, it gets better.

>The Numbers.
Criminally underrated, the last part is great.

>Present Tense
Yea, masterpiece II of the album

>Tinker
Great song for movie ending

>True Love waits
Also expected more of this one, but it's fucking TLW!
>>
>>65783992
>and especially that talentless monkey, thom yorke

m9, it's a bad album and all, but I wouldn't go as far as saying that
>>
>>65784719
No. Wrong.
>>
It's literally perfect. I can't think of a single legitimate complaint that i have with it at this point.
>>
>>65784974
This.
Plebs gonna pleb
>>
>>65785071
pleb detected
>>
It's an 8/10.

Stop being bitter because it's pretty good. We get it, you're all a bunch of autistic contrarians who refuse to appreciate anything remotely popular.
>>
i cant believe they fucked up true love waits that bad. although i should have seen it coming.
>>
I think its got to be their third best behind Kid A and Amnesiac. I appreciate that it's subtle so it's not quite as obnoxiously poppy as In Rainbows, but doesn't go so far in the other direction like TKOL. It's really just a matter of taste. If I had complaints it's that I wish it flowed better and I just don't like the last song at all.
>>
I agree with you, except for the bit where you imply The Bends is one of their weakest albums, I don't agree with that at all.
>>
>>65782835
>not knowing The Bends is their third album
u wot m8
>>
>>65782835
> I think it ranks only better than The Bends

Thats not saying much considering its shit.
>>
File: Radiohead - The King of Limbs.jpg (75 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Radiohead - The King of Limbs.jpg
75 KB, 500x500
The King of Limbs > A Moon Shaped Pool

Anyone?
>>
>>65787143
TKOL is my favourite Radiohead album honestly
>>
>>65787143
the king of limbs does what it was trying to do better, but the result is not as good.
>>
>>65787198
don't follow you

I just like the songs on TKOL more than on AMSP

Morning Mr Magpie and Give Up the Ghost specifically are great. Also I like Codex comparatively more than Daydreaming.
>>
>>65787343
sorry, i was wrong to say "not as good." i guess what i mean is tkol is a great experimental rock / ambient album, but i dont really like that kind of music. amsp doesn't really accomplish anything or do anything comparatively different, but i prefer it just because i like listening to it.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.