[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wtf is that shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1
File: 220px-DisLoop_1.jpg (7 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
220px-DisLoop_1.jpg
7 KB, 220x220
boring as fuck
p4k 10.0 lmao
>>
>>65782010
>he doesn't get it
>>
>>65782010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGE7q0oDlEI

skip to 8:50, mark is the guy who reviewed the album for p4k
>>
Name of the album pls
>>
>>65782377
william basinski - the disintegration loops pt. 1
>>
>>65782426
thanks anon
>>
>>65782377
the disintegration loops by william basiniski

very comfy four part album of ambient tape loops overshadowed by connections to 9/11
>>
ITS ABOUT 911 DUDE YOU WOULDNT GET IT
>>
>>65782259
Every thread
>>
>>65782010
>boring

this is how we spot a pleb
>>
>>65782462
Ive just checked the run time of this album. Is this even real?

a song that goes on for an hour?
>>
but dude like 3000 people died lmao
>>
>>65782503
it's an ambient album anon. perfect comfy music for a rainy night w a little drink 2bh
>>
>>65782534
Sounds good to me desu, gonna save all of them. Thanks for the rec
>>
>>65782503
holy fucking shit how sheltered are you man
>>
>>65782503
Yeah, ambient and drone gets like that friendo.
Sabled Sun's "Signals" are each around an hour and there are six of them
>>
>>65782091

I get it, still boring as fuck unfortunately
>>
>>65782503
most good ambient albums are one or two tracks
>>
So I deleted my post because while Basinski is a hack, DL even minus the 9/11 connection is a legitimately new concept. His OTHER WORK is all shite though.

But yeah I can appreciate the novel idea of the music literally "dying" as it plays.

9/11 connection is bullshit of course.
>>
>>65782259
I don't disagree with this guy, but I still find The Disintegration Loops pleasant.

Basinski should not have connected the loops to 9/11 though, for both the principle of it all and the fact it's too gorgeous of a loop to associate with american pride event.
>>
>>65782259
>>65782493
I like Chris Ott, I appreciate the fact that he's informed and he generally is a pretty informed critic. But I think the fact he didn't care about the "disintegration" part of the loops is missing the core part of its appeal.
>>
It morphs and changes over time in a way that a person could (probably) never duplicate, because it's made out of old degraded tapes that were dissolving in the process of being rendered to digital files, The Disintegration Loops is a one-time thing. There will never be another album exactly like this.

It's hypnotic and oddly sensual and organic and constantly changing and shifting in unpredictable ways, despite being the same loop over and over again.
>>
>>65783491
"boring"

most people that use this word barely know what it means
>>
>>65782503
there are loads of albums with songs that long
>>
>>65782010
Listening to an amazing sounding loop disintegrate, hearing all the subtle changes is boring?
>>
>>65782259
Chris Ott is such a bitter manbaby
>>
>>65782259
regardless of if you agree with him this guy is a fag
>>
>>65782503
t. summerfag
>>
whats the 911 deal anyway
>>
>people are actually moved at the realization that things die
wew, no shit things die captain obvious, i wish I could've gotten money for saying that.

also yeah the 9/11 stuff is bullshit, wasn't even intentional, and it's the only reason it's famous anyway.
>>
>>65782010
Total hack.
>>
>>65782259
SAVAGE

BASED AS FUCK CHRIS OTT
>>
>>65782010
Holy coincidence batman, listening to this, at this exact moment
>>
>>65782503
>Ive just checked the run time of this album. Is this even real?
>a song that goes on for an hour?

PLEASE, SPEND AT LEAST 2 MONTHS ON MU AND DONT LEAVE.

PLEASE, THIS IS ALL I ASK

IF YOU LIVED ON MY CITY I WOULD GIVE YOU MONEY TO MAKE SURE YOU DID THAT, THIS IS HOW IMPORTANT I THINK YOU DO THAT.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.