[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NORMIES
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7
File: rolig.jpg (50 KB, 500x484) Image search: [Google]
rolig.jpg
50 KB, 500x484
Do you feel emotionally and intellectually superior to others, because you have a deeper understanding and knowledge of music?

This is opposed to people that exclusively listen to Top Charts and so on

And is it wrong if you do?
>>
>>65781191
Shameless self bump
>>
I know more, but i'm not superior because i spent my life learning about X opposed to Y

I'm superior because i actually just care

Fuck apathy
>>
Absolutely, but I would like to overcome this as I already feel it has began to ruin some friendships
>>
>>65781272
Care about?
>>
>>65781191
of course wtf are you gay OP
>>
>>65781310
I'm better than you. Of course.
>>
>>65781191
Yes, but not because I listen to music.
>>
I'd be lying if I said I haven't at least scoffed a couple of times. There's the type of normie that listens to Top 40 and then there's the one that proclaims new music sucks. Both frustrate me because they don't explore for shit. The amount of music I listen to has substantially increased in the last two years simply because I decided to delve deeper and find new stuff. I mean yeah, I guess I care a lot for music and I'm aware not everyone is the same but it sucks there's a really limited amount of people I can discuss that new music with. /mu/ sorta fills that role.
/semi-rant
>>
>>65781191
I feel emotionally and intellectually superior to most people on this board, not because I listen to the most obscure shit. I don't, my favourite albums are pretty standard hipster trash; The Age of Adz, Ys, Alvvays.

I think I have a deeper understanding of music because I'm starting to see that a lot of people on this board, and correct me if I'm wrong, have not made true connections in their lives. They've never been in love (or have had that love reciprocated), and I think that you need to experience this connection to actually connect with some of this music.

How can you fully understand an album about a breakup or love if you've never gone through those emotions or even had sex? And no, awkwardly staring at people from across the hall does not count as being in love.
>>
>>65781421
Do your friends listen to your type of music?

> inb4 "implying anon has friends"
>>
>>65781310
I feel the same way.

But i also enjoy talking about music. I have plenty of friends, but i only have 1 friend that shares the same excitement about music as i do. I can spend hours talking about music with him. We also show each other different stuff.

I know that my other friends doesn't share the same level of appreciation of music as i do, so i just don't talk about music as vigourisly as i do with him, because i can still enjoy spending time with my other friends.
>>
>>65781191
I don't care if people listen to radio singles and buttmusic unless they start claiming that they know a lot about music, then I'll have an autism fit
>>
>>65781191
>Do you feel emotionally and intellectually superior to others, because you have a deeper understanding and knowledge of music?
I feel superior to everyone who posts on /mu/ because I am older and am a musician.
>>
>>65781566
Where can i find your music? Let's have a listen
>>
>>65781191
Nah I just like having another thing to be enthusiastic about
>>
>>65781577
Post your lastfm, and I'll tell if you've heard it
>>
I feel emotionally and intellectually superior to those who do.
>>
>>65781473
Couldn't have said it better anon.

I tend to have a bad habit of bringing down music my friends show me and they rave about, I tend to scoff and say "That's shit" an example would be one of them showed me a Catfish and the Bottlemen song and i started laughing. This behaviour is what tends to award people the label "dickhead". I gotta learn to say stuff like "that's cool, just not my taste"
>>
Do you honestly think you actually have a deeper understanding and knowledge of music because you swapped the Billboard charts for the music on the general essentials?

Really?
>>
>>65781191
absolutely not- listening to music requires zero skill and any basement dweller can do it if given too much free time, if the conversation is not about theory and just taste, whoever feels superior by knowing obscure artists or having a bigger library than your friends is an absolute autist and might find themselves asking why they have no friends after acting like a dickhead by arguing that my bloody valentine is not a bullet for my valentine
>>
>>65781191
you should definitely sit down and evaluate yourself if "emotional and intellectual" superiority are what you feel because of the media you consume.
>>
>>65781601
I have one friend who only listens to bottom of the barrel edm, half of his songs are about weed and the other half are about tits, with a couple of classics like that one evanescence song

everything he likes is so bad I can't help but visibly cringe any time he plays anything

send help
>>
>>65781614
It goes beyond that anon. It's the hobby that is hunting out new music, sharing music, and appreciating different genres from all over the spectrum. Any old prick can listen to whats on the mu/core
>>
File: CaQHSrwWAAAF8w1.jpg (25 KB, 600x415) Image search: [Google]
CaQHSrwWAAAF8w1.jpg
25 KB, 600x415
>>65781676
>spectrum

you'd know a lot about spectrums wouldn't you
>>
>>65781676
Yet thats all 90% of /mu/ does.
>>
>>65781671
>evanescense
>classic

that's a pretty strange worldview
>>
>>65781599
Just give us a fucking link, faggot
>>
File: OKkid.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
OKkid.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
>>65781698
>>
>>65781716
What do you listen to desu, cmon
>>
>>65781698
plural of spectrum is "spectra"
>>
File: tumblr_lwrtxuZyOJ1r3f9sho1_500.jpg (63 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lwrtxuZyOJ1r3f9sho1_500.jpg
63 KB, 500x375
>>65781671
>Evanescence
>classic
>>
>>65781722
joke:

1. a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, especially a story with a funny punchline.
"she was in a mood to tell jokes"
synonyms: funny story, jest, witticism, quip;
>>
>>65781765
I'll put my spectra in your mom
>>
>>65781776
nice save, very humble.
>>
>>65781773
I bet you know all the words to it and even re-enacted the music video
>>
only when it comes to music
I never talk about music with people seriously it isn't worth it
>>
>>65781730
>you need to give up anonymity, but I don't!
Try again or just get used to me looking down on someone like you.
>>
>>65781809
thank you, each of my memes are meticulously crafted for a specific user's enjoyment
>>
>>65781764
Everything except country and rap.
>>
>>65781191
If anything, caring about music as much as I do just makes me feel inferior to others
Outside of the internet, having deep interest in exploring and analyzing music is virtually the most worthless and unfulfilling thing
Having interest 'obscure' and 'deep' music is just retarded desu
>>
>>65781421
> new music sucks
it is true actually
>>
>>65781839
It's because his music is shit and he knows it
>>
>>65781849

Alt rock album rec pls. nothing too easy now
>>
>deeper understanding and knowledge of music
>listening to death grips
>>
>>65781815
>>
>>65781325
Care about life, the world, others. Having interests

So many people just half ass everything or do X ironically, it's fucking divine when you meet someone with an actual passion
>>
No, I joke about the pettiness of being a music "patrician" with a superiority complex with my friends.
>>
>>65781869
If I posted the absolutely best thing you've ever heard, you would just call it shit anyways.

Grow up.
>>
>>65781871
>>>/r/
>>
>>65781191
>feeling superior to others because of subjective taste
top pleb desu.
>>
>>65781460
Honestly, just two of them.
>>
>>65781902
>grow up

says the """""""adult""""""" who thinks he's better than normies because he makes meme music for /mu/ kiddies
>>
I don't understand music, i just listen e feel it. I don't know what a fucking crecendo is
>>
File: lolita nation.jpg (64 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
lolita nation.jpg
64 KB, 600x600
>>65781871
>>
>>65781944
>he makes meme music for /mu/ kiddies
>but I don't really know so please post your music
Make up your mind sheesh
>>
>>65781973
we all know it's going to be le experimental garbage anyway
>>
/mu/ is full of plebeian normies, though. evidence: this thread
>>
>>65781996
Is it?
>>
If you think you're smart for liking good music, you're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>65782026
yes
>>
>>65782062
Maye. You'll never know
>>
>>65781191
Hell no.

I don't listen more music than the average person because i want to "gain more knowledge of it", i just need something to soundtrack my day at any given time. I wanna immerse myself in sounds.

Personally, i'm not even that intensely into music as many other people. I don't usually go to shows, mainly because the performance aspect of music doesn't interest me as much.
>>
>>65781839
>I feel superior to everyone who posts on /mu/ because I am older and am a musician.

So you an oldfag that likes to play music, therefore you are superior. Quite a picture you're painting of yourself.

Sounds more like you are a failed musician who's on welfare. You've suddenly become aware of your age, and even more aware of the fact that you might never publish any good or praised music ever.
>>
>>65783161
Sounds like you are pretty upset that I'm superior to you, but worst of all, you realize this fact.
>>
>>65783460
You claim superiority. It's an
assertion without evidence.
To me, you just sound like an oldfag, pissed that he never made it - now prove me wrong.
>>
>>65783612
>It's an
>assertion without evidence.
Do you really
deserve the evidence?
>To me, you just sound like
I don't care about the opinions of people like you.
>>
whoever feels superior because of having "patrician taste" is pathetic, IRL nobody cares about understanding music, it's more of a personal thing
>>
>>65783663
Your claim deserves evidence.
You're not a very humble one, are you?
People around you must be getting sick of you

>I don't care about the opinions of people like you.

You don't know who i am though.
>>
>>65783770
>>65782305
>>65782046
>>65781949
>>65781896
>>65781860
ITT Things Plebs say
>>
>>65783840
>You don't know who i am though.
OK give evidence of your credentials.
>>
This thread is just autism bait
>>
>>65783882
>>you need to give up anonymity, but I don't!

To use your own words.
It's simple. You, for some fucking reason, said that you are superior to everyone else because your music is genius, whatever, but you wont post it. wot m8?

you are cancer
>>
>>65783864
tell me how listening to steve reich got you an engineering degree
>>
>>65783922
>>>you need to give up anonymity, but I don't!
Whoa! Calm down now with your double standard!
>said that you are superior to everyone else because your music is genius
Correct
>but you wont post it
I don't need to. I already explained why. I will sacrifice my anonymity if you do first.
>>
>>65784014

fucking pleb
>>
i have watched as people with remarkably obscure music tastes demonstrate a lack of interest in what follows the phrase, "hey I think you'll like this," as they queue up the song they want to play next.

i used to play in a band, and i'd hate on the music my mates would show me, but i would give their song choices my attention.

kids these days are fucked from texting.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.