[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So is tomorrow the day this board is going to be spammed with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 208
Thread images: 13
File: download.jpg (2 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
2 KB, 225x225
So is tomorrow the day this board is going to be spammed with this shit? Because mine still hasn't arrived in the mail..
>>
Got mine already ;^)
>>
slowpoke faggotron lmao
almost everyone has listened to it already
>>
I haven't gotten mine in the mail yet either. Haven't even received an order confirmation
>>
>>65779490
I mean, I know it leaked and I actually listened to it a couple times but I think most people didn't and are waiting to receive the album (could be dead wrong though idk)
>>
>>65779474
Mine hasn't even shipped yet, I just downloaded it from itunes. 10/10 better than to be kind and slightly better than the seer. The album sounds like some ritual, it's not as "huge" sounding as the seer or as "avant garde" as to be kind, but man, there is just something about this. Give it a year and people will like it the most out of the 3.
>>
>>65779503
most people here just pirate phamilia
>>
>>65779503
I mean, if you paid for it, there's no point in not downloading and listening to it, if it's out there. It's technically your's at that point anyway.
>>
Got mine Thursday, Pre-ordered back in April.
must suck to have shit mail :^)
>>
For those who listened to it, what's your opinion?

I'm at my second listen and I think it's better than The Seer, but not as great as To Be Kind, which is my favorite of their last 3 double albums (I think they really have to be understood together).

It has some great tracks ("Finally, peace" really works for me), but it's sometimes a bit "bland" imo. I mostly dig their really repetitive shit when it's really heavy, which is not really the case here. Still a solid album, 7/10 or 8/10.
>>
>>65779503
i bought it, i'm waiting, no rush anyways. if you think it matters, you're caring less about music and more about hype
>>
>>65779474
I got my vinyl a week ago yesterday.
>>
>>65779474
Got mine last wednesday :3

Im glad gira put the dvd in there too.
>>
It's on spotify :-)
>>
got mine yesterday
i'm so glad mute supplied flac with the download code
>>
>>65779558
I like it better than both, I understand why people might like TBK more, but I think out of all 3 of the trilogy, this is the one that returns to the essence of what a swans album is and takes it to its logical conclusion. Half of the stuff on TGM could have been slipped into Soundtracks for the Blind.
>>
File: swans live.jpg (342 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
swans live.jpg
342 KB, 1600x1066
>>65779720
>Half of the stuff on TGM could have been slipped into Soundtracks for the Blind.
I agree, but that's what bugs me a bit. I really love what they created with these last albums, and it feels like a weird mix between SFTB and their new stuff, which doesn't really work for me. I liked TBK because they really decided to dig into their new direction.
>>
>>65779503
You can legally stream it from the band's bandcamp.
>>
Seer>TGM>TBK

no idea why people overrate TBK so much must be anthony's fanbase doing that shit.
>>
>>65779794
Thats why I do like it, I think about it more in the context of this trilogy and their career as a whole. It blends almost every era of swans and puts it all into a 2 hours finale. The Seer was definitely the most hard hitting and TBK the most experimental, but I think if Gira tried to push the sound even further it would have failed miserably, especially after the experimentation of the last 2. The whole thing just sounds very natural and organic too, all of the instrumentation is discernable at every moment, I found the other two to get very bassy at points and overpower the rest of the mix, they fixed that with this one.
>>
I'm honestly tired of people talking about this rapist piece of shit. Fuck his music and fuck you misogynistic pieces of shit.
>>
>>65779474
you missed it
>>
Pitchfork review when

>>65779558
Exactly my opinion as well
>>
>>65780035
>Pitchfork review when
who cares
>>
>>65779558
Got mine in the mail two days ago.

I love it, it's beautiful.

DESU the title track and Frankie M are pretty good, but my favorite tracks are Cloud of unknowing and cloud of forgetting, the first two tracks. I think they're some of the best songs they've ever made.

The atmosphere is beautiful. The vocal production reminds me of Iggy Pop's The Idiot, which I love.
>>
>>65779941
Well, I can understand, but I kind of like the "messy" side of the last 2 albums. It's chaotic, dark and heavy. I dig that, and I miss some of that in TGM. It's still good tho, no worries

>>65780035
>Exactly my opinion as well
First time someone tells me this on /mu/. Feels good.
>>
>>65780059
I want to see if they're going to take the rape accusations into account in their score, and if so, if they will say so explicitly. Besides, I've bet on the score with a mate of mine so I'm excited.

You're missing out by hating P4K friend, it's nice reading their reviews even if you don't agree with them. Don't be so insecure.
>>
>>65780084
You're welcome anon, have a nice day
>>
>>65780094
this is textbook projection but okay friedno
>>
>>65779558
I've listened to it twice as well. Idk maybe i'm weird but I for the life of me can not decide what's better the seer or to be kind and so far I fell the same with glowing man. It's like they are kinda even to me. Although the seer and to be kind have definitely different sounds and feels as far as quality and enjoyability goes It's a tie for me. All three amazing.
>>
TBK>The Seer>TGM objectively d e s u
>>
>>65780109
>textbook projection
please explain

>>65780121
You forgot one
My Father > TBK > The Seer > TGM
>>
>ITT: plebs who haven't come to the realization that the glowing man is the best of the 3 because p4k and fandrongo haven't validated their feelings toward the album yet.

Calling it now: it will get 7.something from p4k and a 7 from fantano, and in 1 to 2 years it will be /mu/'s favorite of the trilogy once they get over their seer nostalgia.
>>
>>65779474
pre ordered mine on sunday, and it still hasn't gotten here
>>
paying for a rapist's music okay then
>>
>>65780208
How is it better than the Seer
>>
File: swans.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
swans.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
Weird, mine came a couple days ago, had to be shipped even.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (5 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
5 KB, 480x360
>>65779474
Album cover ranking To be kind > The Seer > The Glowing Man
>>
People ranking The Seer anywhere else than no.1 should listen to The Apostate louder.
>>
>>65779558
nothing can beat the seer for me. it's like that album was made just for me.

but TGM is consistent swans, pulls no new tricks really but has some great moments.
>>
>>65780284
I suppose it depends on what aspect of swans you like the most. If you're into the pounding, driving, experimental stuff, then yeah, you'll probably like the seer, if you're more into art rock and "avant garde" you'll like To Be Kind. I just think with this latest album, it doesn't try to be something it isn't, it doesn't try to push the experimentation in another direction, rather, it's a distillation of of the essence of their sound that Gira established in the late 80's through to the mid to late 90's. It incorporates and expands upon the unfinished sound that Gira abandoned when he decided to end swans in the 90's. The album is a very, very smart and fitting send off.
>>
>>65780418
>muh precious seer.

The seer is great, but the glowing man is slightly better.
>>
>>65780418
Gotta agree. The Apostate is insane. Listening to it at high volume is comparable to a psychedelic drug experience.

But The Glowing Man is fantastic too. Swans are just great in general.
>>
The Seer > The Glowing Man >>> To Be Kind

TBK never really felt like a cohesive work to me, rather a collection of tracks.

MOOOOOOONSTERRRRRRR EEEEEAAAAAAATTTTEEEEEERRRRRR
>>
>>65780484
Interesting points. I mean love TGM and maybe in the future you'll be right.

still think TBK is the weakest out of the 3. maybe because WH/WL is the only Art rock album I really like
>>
For some reason the album arrived into our music shop 4 days earlier before the release date.
Already bought it with an employee discount.
>>
>>65779986
>>Tumblr
>>
>>65779986
Innocent until proven guilty
>>
>>65779986
b8
>>
File: 20140403_3515-copy_web.jpg (157 KB, 521x782) Image search: [Google]
20140403_3515-copy_web.jpg
157 KB, 521x782
mine came 5 days ago, pre-ordered it as soon as it dropped though

it's better than TBK. TBK is honestly my least favourite record of theirs, it never gelled with me.

i feel like swans are victims of their own success, in that there was such hype around their reformation, *especially* TBK with all the fucking 10s from pitchfork and fantano et al, that all the faggot internet music teenagers have only listened to their comeback albums, and totally overlook the fact that swans are a fucking institution and have had a killstreak of goddamn amazing albums ever since the 80s

honestly fuck TBK, it's not even that good. it feels like swans playing a pastiche of themselves.
>>
>>65780183
Horrid taste desu
>>
>>65779986
gr8 b8 m8
i r8 8/8

fuk off, dumblr
>>
Glowing Man reminds me of Children of God in some ways, not sure how to explain it. It's pretty great.
>>
>>65780850
there's a goth-y CoG vibe for sure in the shorter tracks
>>
>>65780850
Are you saying this just because he moans
>chiiiiiiildreeeeeeeeeeeeeeen
>>
Just got done listening the the first song on Spotify. It was great until the faggot came in with his shit vocals
>>
>>65780613
I think TGM is easily the most consistent of all 3. TBK and the seer both have "their moments" but as a whole they have a bit of deadweight too, the second half to Bring The Sun for example, it's just a couple of bass notes with some percussion, and the seer has quite a few moments that don't really hold up compared to the rest of the album that linger too long. I love them both, but TGM is just so well paced and nothing feels out of place; the album slowly builds up to its climaxes rather than just belting you across the head with them. It's a return to what Gira was grasping towards at the end of the 90's and a conclusion to it, it's also a conclusion to what he was trying to attain through reforming swans. People are very emotionally attached to the seer and to be kind, they have their memories and personal feelings toward them, and I don't think people are thinking clearly about the glowing man yet. The "rape" accusation will cloud peoples judgement too, the ones who weren't here when /mu/ compiled the list of people on facebook close to both gira and grimm who pretty much proved she was a lying nutjob.
>>
>>65779501
I never received a shipping notification but mine came in the mail yesterday
>>
I'M IN THE FUCKING DVD LMAO IT FOCUSES ON ME FOR LIKE 10 SECONDS
>>
>>65780926
**aren't thinking clearly about
>>
>>65780982
you're a star
>>
>>65779558
it's like a side B for to be kind

the glowing man track is really good, there's this really hypnotizing riff about halfway into it
>>
>>65781037
oh fuck off

TBK is the "greatest hits" of swans. i hesitate to use the word accessible, but yeah, there's a reason that it gets queued up by last.fm nerds inbetween a bunch of fucking radiohead albums and is still well-received
>>
>>65781037
Yeah, no. They're nothing alike. TGM is much more dark and brooding, which is where Swans excel. TBK is like post-rock's pop-punk. It's far too upbeat and celebratory.
>>
>>65781142
Energetic? Yea but I would never compare it to pop punk
>>
>>65780230
I'm very excited to see what people like you say when Grimm comes out to admit she posted that stuff in a manic state. I'm friends with the Akron Family guys and know Grimm as a satellite sort of friend. She is a liar and absolutely fucking insane. This will hopefully change the "guilty regardless of proof" concept neoliberals try to push.
>>
>>65781171
Also you can't just fucking dismiss incredible music just because of the musician being shitty. If video evidence came out tomorrow of the Gira bomb pumping a nut into lying lark while she flails around, then sure I'll say wow Michael Gira sure did tape that girl what a dick.

Would I stop listening to swans? No. Would I stop trying to buy all the rare old albums I'm trying to find? No. Why? Because they make great music I don't give a fuck about the person making the musics personal life outside of providing context to their music.
>>
>>65781242
Pretty much this. Everyone needs to read The Death Of The Author.

Besides, countless people have come out and said that Larkin made similar accusations against them which were totally false. She's a lunatic. It's a shame that Gira's wife never released that supposed archive of scatty ramblings and threats that Grimm made against the both of them.
>>
>>65781171
>crazy chicks don't get raped!
Reminder the is a 92% he raped her
>>65781242
>the artist is really not relevant when discussing the art that artist made
Incorrect way to view art.
>>
>>65781284
she did to her lawyers. friend of friend said larkin got shit from his lawyer and had to delete any public info of the accusations or gira would take her to court and in typical SJW fashion they avoid the legal system
>>
>>65781284
>Everyone needs to read The Death Of The Author.
Irrelevant and misguided
>She's a lunatic
Gira isn't?
>>
>>65781295
I'm the second anon you replied to, why?
>>
>>65781295
there is no correct way to view art
>>
>>65781313
>typical SJW fashion
Opinion discarded.

Thanks for the non-bias point of view
>>65781332
Did you read the reply?
>>
>>65781295
>crazy chicks don't get raped!
No, instead they have fumbling, drunken, yet consensual sex and then lie about it later, especially when they have a history of doing exactly the same thing to everyone they've ever slept with - and even people they haven't. I think you need to do some research on this 'case'.

>Incorrect way to view art.
You're a fucking idiot. Read some Barthes.
>>
>>65781295
Also
>implying there is a correct way to view art

Youre off to a bad start
>>
>>65780094
they will bring up the accusation but they need to give it a good score for traffic. it's like kanye being a misogynist or any folk artist owning a gun. their politics don't conflict with their need for shekels
>>
>>65781171
Agreed. Can someone post the image with all of the compiled statements that backup Gira and verify that Grimm is actually a nutjob? It's great. Even his ex wife and a guy who worked with grimm and heard her talk about it say she's insane and making it all up. And the heros as gang leaders guys who made a statement saying Grimm lied about the allegations she made about a memeber of their band.
>>
>>65781340
Yea fucknut why is it incorrect? Explain yourself
>>
>>65781316
>Irrelevant
Hardly. It applies more than ever in the social media age, where pretty much any artist can get a cult of personality surrounding them if they're loud enough.
>>
>>65781295
>Incorrect way to view art.
Opinion discarded
>>
File: NotAllMichaels.jpg (2 MB, 4000x2779) Image search: [Google]
NotAllMichaels.jpg
2 MB, 4000x2779
>>65781377
Here ya go bud
>>
>>65781340
Fuck off back to tumblr you annoying cunt.
>>
>>65781340
Way to conveniently brush over everything that proved you wrong, retard. This conversation is over. There is an ENORMOUS trove of testimony proving that Grimm is insane.
>>
>>65781313
That explains why she deleted everything/made everything private on her facebook then.
>>
>>65781316
you haven't even read it have you

>gira makes scary music
>he must be insane too lol
you're a spastic. confirmed for never having met him or even watched/read interviews with him
>>
>>65781397
Thanks anon.
>>
>>65781336
Sure, if you want to view it incorrectly.
>>65781357
>No they have [here is an irrelevant stereotype]
Also
>I think you need to do some research on this 'case'.
See >>65781295

And
>You're a fucking idiot. Read some Barthes.
You're an idiot. read about Barthes ulterior motives in creating misguided and ineffective ways to view art.
>>65781362
Embarrassing
>>65781379
Oh you've never studied art criticism?
>>65781381
>It applies more than ever in the social media age
Not really. In contrast, traditional forms of art evaluation applies more than ever now.
>>65781413
>>>/pol/
>>65781419
>proved
Oh were you there when he raped* her?
>>65781447
Of course I have. Have you read anything else? Or are you relying on it out of convenience/laziness?
>>gira makes scary music
>>he must be insane too lol
So are you saying he's an inauthentic artist? Does not speak well for your or him. Maybe change your argument.

*there is only a 92% probability of this btw
>>
>>65781397
Have you got the one where Tony Visconti basically says Gira is a rapist because he had a strong handshake and alcohol on his breath? Fuck that made me laugh Visconti is such a spineless turd of a man.
>>
>>65780501
Slightly better how? On what do you base your criticism? How do you quantify your claim?
>>
i thought it was a good mix of what they've been doing since the reunion, but nothing really surprising.

Title track is absolutely amazing though, this might be one of my favorite Swans tracks period
>>
>>65779558
I feel like it had some of the highest highs of their whole career. The chanting in Cloud of Unknowing gives me chills just to think about, and the reprise of Bring the Sun is much better than the TBK version.
The only tracks I have a problem with are People Like Us (just not very interesting or powerful) and When Will I Return (out of place, bad lyrics, very bare), but even those aren't necessarily bad.
>>
>>65781494
Enlighten me on the "correct" way to view Art
>>
I kinda feel bad when people say Larkin Grimm has BPD, not everybody with BPD would falsely accuse people of that shit

(not saying she did or didn't falsely accuse btw)
>>
>>65781494
You may have dropped your trip but we know it's you, boldfaure
>>
>>65781510
It's in there, pal. Second image starting from the from the bottom left corner.
>>
I have only listened to Soundtracks for blind, i liked it alot, but it is very long and i end up falling asleep 3/4s the way through on most listens, what next?
>>
>>65781494
This person is either

A) some beta cuck nu-male who father was a fucking pussy and didn't teach him how to be a man because he wasn't one himself, or possibly without a father.
>or
B) a crazy left wing art student woman who doesn't shave her armpits because it's opressive
>>
>>65781595
A Culture Warrior who listens to Swans?

Makes sense he listens to rapist music
>>65781559
He's a summertrip, insignificant,
>>
>>65781529
When will I return is great, didn't feel out of place at all, it's about a struggle with a personal demon that you can't seem to grapple into submission and Jennifers vocals are very fitting, she fits in great with swans, reminds me a bit of Jarboe to be honest.
>>
>>65781494
are you actually going to elaborate on your points or just post half-hearted passive-aggressive single sentences

in particular i'm looking for

>the correct way to view art
>a source on the 92% chance he raped her
>barthes ulterior motives
>proper art criticism
>traditional forms of art evaluation and why they're supposedly 'better' in 2016

and also a retort for the fact that literally everybody who knows grimm also knows she's a lying psychopath, and yes, "SJW', which you can conveniently see here >>65781397
>>
>>65781588
Lmao thanks, completely missed it. If I had the money I would honestly pay to see a drunk Gira walk up to Visconti's house, knock on the door and just punch him in the face. I'd pay for his lawyer, his bail and fund the next swans album.
>>
>>65779558
the seer > tbk > the glowing man
>>
>>65781725
SFTB> TGM > The Seer = TBK
>>
>>65781494
Out of curiosity can you post a picture of your face so I can know what you look like please?
>>
File: Desperate.jpg (102 KB, 322x340) Image search: [Google]
Desperate.jpg
102 KB, 322x340
All three of their recent albums all are equal in quality for me. I've listened more of TBK then The Seer only because it reminded me of Filth Swans mixed with Great Annihilator. Where as TGM is like a combo of Great Annihilator and SFTB which makes it very close to being the best for me. And I pretty much think it is either my 3rd or 4th favorite out of all of Swans discography.a
>>
swans fans are basically the 2010 version of 1990s tool fans

annoying faggots
>>
>>65781686
>and also a retort for the fact that literally everybody who knows grimm
No one in this thread knows Grimm
>she's a lying psychopath
This could very well be the case for Gira. Please remove your fanboy glasses
>and yes, "SJW',
Opinion discarded
>which you can conveniently see here
Well that's a nice 4chan-made meme of quotes form people on Gira's payroll you have there. I wonder if it was made by an individual who also condemns SJWs?

>>a source on the 92% chance he raped her
Only 8% of rape accusations are false
>>the correct way to view art
Aren't you saying Barthes is the only correct way? Shouldn't you be asking yourself this question?
>>barthes ulterior motives
It's important to remember he was a failed homosexual novelist with daddy issues. Of course he is going to attempt to remove any authority of the artist, how else is he going to take down an artistic patriarchy? Very flawed logic that bred generations of lazy art critique who really don't want to be bothered with examining context, etc. Are you one of those lazy denizens?
>>65781770
You first bb
>>
>>65781811
You can't green text dumblr
>>
>>65780784
>it feels like swans playing a pastiche of themselves

name the Swans styles or even tracks that they were imitating in She Loves Us, Just A Little Boy, and To Be Kind (the track)
>>
>>65781830
how so?
>>
>>65781811
Are you ever gonna elaborate on the correct way to view Art?
Let's hear your Opinions. I'm open minded to learn new things
>>
File: 1466353276604352509945.jpg (360 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
1466353276604352509945.jpg
360 KB, 1080x1920
>>65781811
You next
>>
>>65780784
>i feel like swans are victims of their own success, in that there was such hype around their reformation, *especially* TBK with all the fucking 10s from pitchfork and fantano et al, that all the faggot internet music teenagers have only listened to their comeback albums, and totally overlook the fact that swans are a fucking institution and have had a killstreak of goddamn amazing albums ever since the 80s

uh, nobody gave a slight fuck about swans before pitchfork blew them up with the seer

those saying they were fans of swans before that are most likely full of shit
>>
>>65781866
>I'm open minded to learn new things
Prove it.
>>65781867
Timestamp please
>>
>>65781878
Already have by wanting to hear your opinion on Correct Art.
>>
File: 1466353434617-8269456.jpg (379 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
1466353434617-8269456.jpg
379 KB, 1080x1920
>>65781878
>>
>>65781915
>wanting
Prove it
>>65781921
Nice photoshop. Try again.
>>
>>65781867
qt
>>
>>65781930
>>65781878
>>65781811
boldfaure, just stop it.
>>
>>65781930
I'm done with your bait bye bye

Anyone else feel like when Gira said send... us away the"send" sounds a lot like send them home on avatar?
>>
>>65781875
LMAO

DO YOU ACTUALLY THINK THIS OR DOES YOUR ENTIRE EXPERIENCE OF MUSIC BEGIN AND END ON THE FUCKING INTERNET LMAO
>>
>>65779558
It's definitely on the same level as tbk and the seer for me. I honestly don't think I can choose my favorite of the 3, they all have so much to offer. I really love how delicately crafted the songs on the glowing man are. There are so many instrumental changes and shifts, both subtle and in your face, that it makes the album extremely engaging for me. If there were any piece of music that I could liken to a psychedelic state, it would definitely be the cloud of unknowing and the glowing man. Those songs are fucking masterpieces. I was probably the most impressed by this album out of all the new swans albums.
>>
>>65779506
>the seer "huge"
>to be kind "avant garde"

to be kind is much more focused and pounding than the seer, wich is closer to being "avant garde" than tbk but isn't quite it, has more of a drony and ambient sound, but i won't deny that is a heavy album as well
>>
>>65781930
I see you take after Derrida very well. Nothing to show just vague responses. Thanks for the time waste Loser.
>>
>>65781971
LMAO

DO YOU ACTUALLY THINK SWANS WAS RELEVANT OR POPULAR BEFORE PITCHFORK
>>
>>65781966
>>65781970
>>65781990
Out of Arguments: The Posts

I really recommend Swansfans get therapy.
>>
>>65782006
i'm not arguing with you but I just find it hilarious how even when you turn off your trip you're so obnoxiously recognizable
>>
>>65782006
Pls delet
>>
File: In Awe..gif (2 MB, 400x188) Image search: [Google]
In Awe..gif
2 MB, 400x188
>>65781777
Here is my ranking.

SFTB>PCIAGI>GA>TBK=TGM=>TS=SAD>CoG>Cop>VF>Filth>WLFTLOI>Greed>MFWGMUARTTS>S/T>BW

Reminder the lowest rating I would give in their discography would be a 6/10 and max is 10/10.
>>
>>65782006
Seek help for your mental Illness.
>>
>>65782043
I don't even think I could compare these albums personally. Like how do you compare stftb=?=filth=?=the seer

They're all awesome for different reasons and incomparable for me
>>
>>65781992
Perhaps not on /mu/, RYM or any of your post-2010 music news websites which are apparently your sole window into music as a whole, you fucking clueless child.
>>
>>65781811
>Only 8% of rape accusations are false
its only 8% of accusations that were filed with the police
this stat is thus irrelevant to this case, because she didn't file it
>>
>>65781992
I heard of swans from a friend back when I was 15
>>
>>65782034
I think it's hilarious this is the fourth time this week someone thought I was boldfare or whoever that is. It says a lot about those anons I suppose, that they are so new, that they see another anon with a decent argument that they assume it's just some random summertrip who existed for a week. You probably don't even know who CLT is.
>>65782060
I'm not a Swansfan though.
>>65782116
>because she didn't file it
[citation needed]
>>
>>65782138
Oh are Swans a band meant for teenagers?
>>
>>65782140
t. boldfaure
>>
>>65782140
she said in her FB post she isn't going to go to the police with the accusation
she deleted the posts though so I can't prove it if someone didn't screenshot it (maybe someone did, if thats the case post it please)
>>
File: 1466354160902-475868846.jpg (336 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
1466354160902-475868846.jpg
336 KB, 1080x1920
>>65782140
When will you post face bb what are you scared of?
>>
>>65782140
You're worse than a swansfan.I just hope when the mental breakdown comes you don't regret these moments on 4chan.

Seek help before it's too late
>>
>>65779821
contrarian tripfag strikes again
>>
>>65782204
you have him shook
>>
>>65782162
I don't think they're meant for any specific age I was just pointing out that I became a fan of them through word of mouth and my own research finding their music. Not through something like mu or p4k
>>
>>65782242
so basically you listened to swans before it was cool
>>
>>65782242
OMG WOW I wonder how swans had fans before the internet. I wonder how he met glenn branca and dated madonna without mu and p4k

Gee dude you're so UNique!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>65782217
Not that fag but, This is my real opinion on the trilogy seer is my favorite.

See>>65782204 listening to it right now
>>
>>65782089
I ranked them on different criteria. It is best seeing their discography in eras and which era you enjoyed the most. With the current lineup you can see which albums the newest ones try to moderate techniques on. I already said that most of the newest albums take a lot from The Great Annihilator imo. I mean TBK and TGM both have songs that reference the Sun like TGA's I am the Sun. The only reason why Public Castration and SFTB are really high up there as my favorites is because of how they make me feel and how unique they are in the period they were created in. One is a crushingly angry live album that encompasses all of Swans early carrier. And the other is the experimentation of a madman trying to elicit an unnerving atmosphere. TGM, TS, and TBK feel more like a natural progression of everything they've ever made and feels all too different, but familiar.
>>
TBK ?? Seer ?? TGM

I don't fucking know, I like them all
>>
see this post >>65781992
>>65782266
>>65782275
I was replying to that guy saying that swans are only popular because of p5k I'm not trying to be a special snowflake you dumb fuggs
>>
>>65781811
>Only 8% of rape accusations are false
Not necessarily the right sample size buddy. For example, what would be the percentage when the one who accuses is mentally unstable? Every 4th person in the world is Chinese. Thus we can't say that every 4th person in France is Chinese.

The statistics are too general for a situation like this.
>>
>>65779503
It's on fucking Spotify
>>
>>65782304
Well thought out
>>
>>65782320
Not to mention, as the other anon said, that the stat counts only accusations filed with the police. Its pretty obvious that the falsehood rate is going to be much higher if you also count accusations not filed with the police, though in that case there is no way to prove their falsehood. So yeah.

Conclusion: stats don't fucking matter at all in this bullshit drama
>>
the seer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> tbk > tgm
>>
today is my first time listening to Swans and The Glowing Man is making chills run down my spine.
>>
>>65782353
Thanks. I really came to like Swans a lot, but Everytime they bring up a song like Bring the Sun I cannot deny that Gira really wants to amp up I am the Sun. Like really go back to TGA and compare it to the latest album. You can see where they improve or fucked up.
>>
Frankie M. is a monster of a track but that MDMA line is so clunky
>>
File: 1451304029689.jpg (238 KB, 766x1024) Image search: [Google]
1451304029689.jpg
238 KB, 766x1024
>>65782446
Listen to everything else please. I'm planning on relistening to their whole discography again since this is the end of this lineup.
>>
>>65782509
?
he's just listing drugs whats so clunky?
personally I don't really feel the "butterfly" line
>>
>>65781992
it has nothing to do with pitchfork, it has to do with the good albums they released in recent years, of course pitchfork and other music critic sites would recognize it. if what you're saying were true, you could say that about any relevant artist today.
>>
Please tell me you guys listen to these faggots ironically
>>
>>65781368
Actually I don't think they will give it a good score at all. The album provides plenty of reasons to give it <7.0 imo. Just look at TMT or The Quietus reviews for examples.
>>
>>65782198
>I can't prove it
Nice that's exactly what I was asking for oh wait it's not at all. Oh well
>>65782204
I'm not. I was just wondering if I could get you to do it. You look like a typical Swansfan though. Are you seeing a therapist?
>>65782212
Projection
>>65782242
Based on your testimony as well as the picture of the teenager anon posted, I would say yes, a teenage audience.
>>65782320
>For example, what would be the percentage when the one who accuses is mentally unstable?
Reminder that Gira was incarcerated for a period of time. Wasn't he also a drifter? I'm sure he's mentally stable!
>The statistics are too general for a situation like this.
Nice cognitive dissonance
>>65782391
We already covered that. Nice try though
>>
>>65780926
Agreed with basically all of this.
>>
>>65781494
The autism appears to be v string with this one.
>>
>>65782659
>>65782659
But I'm not a teenager anon... I'm just a little boy :^)
>>
>>65782140
>decent argument

Where or when did that happen? I'm still waiting.
>>
>>65782659
Again you're worse than a swansfan.

What are you doing with your life, Anon? Why are you doing this to yourself? What made you this way? What circumstances have brought you up to this moment? What went to your head when you clicked the 'Post' button? Why?
Why are you doing this to yourself? What made you this way? Why?
>>
>>65782446
After this start at their first album and go chronologically. It's fun to see how the band changes over time.
>>
>>65782659
>Nice that's exactly what I was asking for oh wait it's not at all. Oh well

Okay so I searched a bit and found something that will satisfy you. This is what Grimm wrote on her FB in response to a question from P4K about what's the next step in her masterplan. http://pitchfork.com/news/63780-swans-michael-gira-calls-rape-accusations-by-former-collaborator-larkin-grimm-a-slanderous-lie/
>"I am not in this for vengeance. I am not angry. I do not want Michael Gira to have his life destroyed..."

A few days later after she started getting called out and more and more people came out to support Gira she impulsively deleted all the posts from FB. If I knew she had mental issues I'd screencap her whole page the moment she posted anything, but I didn't know it back then. I was still a naive faggot who thought that if you make something public you're probably willing to back it up and stand by your words. Oh well.

The fact that there isn't a lawsuit or any progress in the case further proves that she didn't go to the police as well as her explicit statement. I know that the Giras consulted their lawyers but that's it, there obviously wasn't any legal action from any side of the drama.
>>
>>65779558
Listened to it twice and i think it is bretty good, Fave track has to be Frankie M
>>
>>65783077
not too into side A but side B is nuts
>>
>>65782847
Not really.
>>65782923
How old are you?
>>65782983
You should read the thread before replying
>>65782994
What am I exactly?
>>65783063
>"I am not in this for vengeance. I am not angry. I do not want Michael Gira to have his life destroyed..."
Wow she soudns really crazy! Yikes!!!!
>A few days later after she started getting called out and more and more people came out to support Gira
Well he does have a lot on his payroll
>The fact that there isn't a lawsuit or any progress in the case further proves that...
...Culture Warriors can discredit anyone and bury their grievances under a barrage of "SJW!!!!!!" while portraying the actual victims as "crazy". Meanwhile, others blinded by their fanboy glasses will perpetuate this, deeply afraid their messiah might be at fault (oh but it's OK if there's a 92% he is at fault, because you can separate the art from the artist, right? yeah! Inauthentic art is OK just so the br0tality [oh which btw is totally ironic]) of the music appeals to my teenage mind!).
>I know that the Giras consulted their lawyers but that's it
And now you know white male privilege can buy a pretty damned good lawyer.
>>
>falling for the rape bait

Please stop.
>>
>>65782509
yeah lol

personally I felt the whole drug thing was kind of corny but his vocals were good enough to negate that, and the song is fucking amazing otherwise, so.
>>
>>65783574
huh, I thought you wanted a proof of why the 8% thing is irrelevant, instead you wanted an excuse to act like an idiot and demolish strawmen
I knew I should've spent more time listening to the seer and less time looking up sources for you
>>
>>65783677
>>65782509
Frankie M. is a friend of gira who died off doing all those drugz
>>
>>65783693
Are you a cutter?
>>
>>65783574
You really are starting to go crazy famalam

>Wow she soudns really crazy! Yikes!!!!
The point the anon was trying to make is that she didn't file a report you turbofagit
>>
>>65783574
fuck off boldfaure you absolute dick
>>
Really enjoying this after three listens or so. It was unremarkable after the first listen, but has really start to grow on me as I get used to the general lack of melody compared to The Seer and To Be Kind. Anyone check out the DVD that comes with the album? A few of the performances on there give me goosebumps and I cannot fucking wait to see Swans play in July.
>>
somebody rip the dvd for us poorfags pls :(
>>
>>65783709
I didn't know that exact detail but I did know that Frankie M was a real person who Gira knew, I just thought the delivery was slightly awkward, no big deal
>>
>>65783766
I would, but it's in my car. Next time I bring it in I might just rip it for y'all.
>>
HEEEEEEEE'S A REAAAAAAL GOOO-GETTERRRRRRRRRRRR
>>
>>65783740
He won't leave of you keep giving him (you)s you dumbfuck.
>>
>>65783842
I'm not boldface you dumbfuck
>>
>>65783670
>emotionally scarring someone for life and then justifying it
>is b8
?
>>
My download card won't work.... Can anybody help?
>>
>>65780094
what are you guys betting? I am betting 8.6 personally
>>
>>65780208
o yeah I know fantano will give it a 7 no doubt I've already come to terms with it tbqh
>>
>>65784256
Given the allegations do you really think Pitchfork can give such a sober account of this album? Do you remember what happened to Mark Kozelek for MERE COMMENTS about someone?
>>
>>65784256
>>65784285
5.5 or so
>>65784491
>Given the allegations do you really think Pitchfork can give such a sober account of this album?
Separating the art from the artist is a mistake.
>>
where can i download it?
>>
>>65784533
I think people should go all or nothing with it, if you hate Swans because of the allegations then you should hate everything that Phil Spector ever made. People don't, though.
>>
>>65783709
pretty sure he's still alive

>‘Frankie M’ is another tribute and a best wish for a wounded soul
>>
I got mine in the mail yesterday.

Did you pre-order buy The Gate?
>>
>>65784806
>a 5.5?
>you must hate it
Why do you succumb to all or nothing thinking? have you seen a therapist?
>>
>>65784806
yeah this is what bothers me about it, not necessarily that people will stop listening to things due to moral/ethical reasoning, people can and should make their own personal decisions as long as it's not infringing on somebody else's rights, hypocrisy is what bothers me.
>>
>>65784952
not hate I guess but dock points from. people don't do this with Let It Be, for example.
>>
>>65784533
Adding in some sort of morality scale to an already complicated rating of various sonic qualities just makes it absurd. Furthermore, how can you guarantee a relatively equal moral consideration for everything you listen to given a) a human's likely inability to control how much they weigh moral consideration on even one album (to say nothing of maintaining a given level) and b) the varying access to artist's personal lives—some are far more publicized than others. This latter point means some would be subjected to more moral consideration than others just by virtue of their popularity. Making a point of including moral judgments in music criticism opens the door to a brand of journalism that dilutes actual music criticism, losing sight of what it was meant to explore in the first place.
>>
File: static1.squarespace.com.jpg (60 KB, 575x627) Image search: [Google]
static1.squarespace.com.jpg
60 KB, 575x627
>>65784992
>not necessarily that people will stop listening
I just heard the album, so obviously you are overreacting
>people can and should make their own personal decisions as long as it's not infringing on somebody else's rights
Like rape?
>>65785039
>people don't do this with Let It Be, for example.
They certainly do. It's the most derided late-period Beatles album, and is almost always followed with "Get Back was better..."
>>65785119
Ooops did you mean to quote >>65784256

Also
>what are context clues
>>
>>65785119
The problem with your logic is you assume a low score is connected to moral judgements. We must consider that Gira has a 92% chance of being a rapist because that is a quality of the art, If he's any good at his craft, he is commenting on this aspect of his psyche and it exists in his music. Furthermore, in knowing that there's a 92% he's a rapist, we would be able to more accurately understand the great body of work he's created here. What is he saying about rampant masculinity? What is this saying about demolishing any sort of attempt for a matriarchal equality? How does the sonic textures represent brutal force upon a victim, and then later dehumanizing them when they call for help?

I am not judging Gira for what there's a 92% chance he's done. I wasn't there, I don't know either of them. I'm just judging the music for what it is, and the actions of the artist are context clues to decipher the art.
>>
>>65785352
>Gira has a 92% chance of being a rapist

not taking the bait on this one lmao
>>
>>65785181
yeah they deride it because it's the worst Beatles album not because Phil Spector killed someone lol
>>
>>65785581
Tell that to Paul
>>
>>65785181
i'm not fucking talking about you, I mean other people
Thread replies: 208
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.