[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need more >smoking a cig on the patio while blowing smoke
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: NickDrakePinkMoon.jpg (93 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
NickDrakePinkMoon.jpg
93 KB, 300x300
I need more >smoking a cig on the patio while blowing smoke wistfully into the sky core

other albums that give me this feel are the glow pt2 and american football
>>
maybe try The Astonishing
>>
>>65775028
>Dream Theater

why :(
I wanted serious answers
>>
>>65775442
Jandek
>>
>>65775477
>Jandek
I'm listening to Ready For the House right now, and it's honestly a little unsettling. I kinda dig it though

is there a better album to get into?

ALSO MORE RECS
>>
slowdive
>>
>>65775556
Also lavender blood by fox academy
>>
>>65775573
Also Nana Grizol - Ruth
>>
>>65775532
Jandek has a lot of albums, all of them have a similar sound though
>>
>>65775007
James Blake - James Blake
Leonard Cohen - Songs Of Leonard Cohen
Van Morrison - Astral Days
Vashti Bunyan - Lookaftering
The Wrens - Meadowlands
Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago
Avey Tare - Down There
Burial - Untrue
Fever Ray - Fever Ray
Grouper - The Man Who Died in his Boat
>>
>>65775007
are you me
>>
>>65776555
I second van morrison and vashti bunyan; this is what you're looking for OP
>>
>>65776617
a cookie-cutter upper-middle class late-teens totes-wise-beyond-their-years 2deep4me depressed sensitive contemplative hipster who can hardly bear the great melancholy of the human condition? you and everyone else on this board

also stop smoking you fucks
>>
File: snus.jpg (305 KB, 800x532) Image search: [Google]
snus.jpg
305 KB, 800x532
>>65776663

SNUS
N
U
S
>>
>>65776663
Hey, I've had a pretty interesting life. But that doesn't excuse my edginess I suppose

Sometimes the best way to help with depression is just to go out, smoke and let myself be depressed for a bit
>>
File: 1465671162725.jpg (46 KB, 596x667) Image search: [Google]
1465671162725.jpg
46 KB, 596x667
>>65776700

yeah man, those mild stimulants are ABSOLUTELY necessary to cope with depression

if you want to go outside and think, why not just do that without an excuse and a crutch?
>>
>>65776714
I abuse a lot of drugs, it's probably the worst aspect about me
>>
>>65776754
you're bretty cool pro
>>
>>65776714
nah man, there's something else about taking a long drag from a cigarette and slowly exhaling it into the sky while your favorite sad song plays
>>
>>65776681
snus is much better, although nicotine is still a dogshit-tier substance and not worth the addiction, but it isn't part of the babby's first existential crisis starter pack (doesn't let you imagine that you're in a Coppola film) so aint these navel-gazing Camus wannabes gonna touch it
>>
>>65776681
>>65776773
It's not the nicotine that I like, It often makes me feel like shit

I just enjoy smoking things
>>
Mark Hollis's s/t is good for this (and the best album of all time imo)
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 510x504) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 510x504
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaMbKZPBruU
>>
>>65776792
yes because
>babby's first existential crisis starter pack (doesn't let you imagine that you're in a Coppola film)
you've been conditioned to think it's cool/edgy/indicative of some sort of outlook or disposition that you identify with and you can't shed that outdated mindset and realise that looking and feeling cool isn't worth fucking destroying your health and inflicting grossness on everyone around you

also considering nicotine is one of the most addictive commonly abused substances i'm very skeptical that you "don't like it", you don't really have a say in whether or not you like it pal, it's profound affect on your brain's reward system is ascertaining that that's the case regardless of what you'd like to think

if you "just enjoy smoking things", then pick up a herbal smoking mix, most of which aren't anywhere near as harmful to your respiratory, circulatory, and nervous system as tobacco, and aren't extremely addictive enough to prompt frequent use, thus constant exposure to carcinogens

or better yet get a simple vape and nicotine-free juices for it
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FHBss4mpHhU

did that exact thing when I was 14 to this
>>
>>65776866
good choice
>>
>>65776910
>when i was 14
smoking confirmed a pastime for edgy children
>>
>>65776663
I'm more depressed about being alone. Is that shit better than ur i'm-so-fucking-self-aware-goddamn-i'm-Holden-Caulfield-rant suggested?
>>
>>65775007

The Picturebooks - Imaginary Horse

Titus 12 - Dig and Delve

Manitoba - Up In Flames

Hanni El Khatib - Will The Guns Come Out

Godstopper - Lie Down

Gangstagrass
>>
File: 1464632971268.jpg (69 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1464632971268.jpg
69 KB, 720x720
>>65776903
you can't tell me what to do you're not my deal dad!!
also
>vaping
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.