[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does everyone hate Past Life?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Cover.jpg (143 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
143 KB, 600x600
Why does everyone hate Past Life?
>>
I liked it, I thought the chorus and weird distorted vocals were pretty cool
>>
It's not that bad, it's just in between the best track on the album and by far the worst track on the album.

Though it's not bad, I normally consider it where the album starts to fall off, before picking back up for the last two tracks.
>>
>>65767171
>starts to fall off
the album starts to fall off after the first two tracks
>>
>>65767189
>Not liking The Moment
>>
>>65767189
>starts
it never takes off
>>
>>65767230
the synths in the first two tracks are p cool desu
>>
I WAS PICKING UP A SUIT FROM THE DRY CLEANERS
>>
>>65767189
this
>>
>>65767171
>by far the worst track on the album
Wouldn't Yes I'm Changing be the worst though? Disciples isn't that bad. It's catchy. Only problem I can think of is it's too short.
>>
I honestly don't know what you're all talking about, Past Life is fucking great, there are no bad songs on Currents

FROM A PAST LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFFFEE (SO UNEXPECED)
FROM A PAST LLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFFFEE (I WAS TRANSFIXED)
>dem synths
>dat phasing
>dat psych
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U902kvrHj44

also if you cant enjoy music with spoken word in it you are pleb
>>
>>65768859
it's not about hating music with "spoken word," it's that the track (and album) are shit. at least with their first two albums there was some semblance of musical drive, the lack of originality notwithstanding. this album was masturbatory, really, kevin parker's false priest as i see it. hopefully they get back on the (guitar) wagon with their next release.
>>
>>65768915
>the lack of originality notwithstanding
what are you fucking talking about?? ive nefver heard any psych pop song like past life before, and i think the modulations and productions etc take his music to an even higher place than lonerism, and that album was trying to sound like an album from the early 70s...
>>
>>65768915
>But if muh music dont have a guitar it isnt real music!!!1!
>>
>>65767037
I never understood the hate. Its not any worse than any of the other tracks, but the album as a whole isn't as good as their other stuff.

Last two tracks are bangers though.
>>
because the moment is better, but overall it's a mundane pleb-tier album
>>
because the lyrics are absolutely fucking abhorrent to the point where it ruins the song
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.