[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Do /mu/ play Audiosurf? >Do you prefer Audiosurf 1 or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: surf.jpg (156 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
surf.jpg
156 KB, 1600x900
>Do /mu/ play Audiosurf?
>Do you prefer Audiosurf 1 or 2?
>What is your favorite song to surf?

I only play occasionally anymore, though I still prefer the original, but maybe that's just because I'm accustomed to it (had 300+ hours put in by the time 2 launched), then again there's something about the speed and simplicity of the first game that I find most enjoyable. Surprisingly a lot of slower paced songs could end up being some of the fastest ones to surf, for example M83 Midnight Souls Still Remain was probably the fastest song I ever surfed.
>>
If any of your songs actually work well on Audiosurf you are most likely a pleb
>>
Man that was like, what, 5 years ago? Damn, where does the time go.
>>
File: ishygddt.jpg (23 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
ishygddt.jpg
23 KB, 600x600
>playing audiopleb
>>
>>65766930
This
>>
Pfft, back in MY day, we played Skyroads with Winamp on in the background. You had to avoid dying to prevent your song from being muffled out by the in-game sounds.
>>
>>65766951
What's wrong with it? You'd think /mu/ would like this game. Or are you just playing the contrarian, or baiting me?
>>
>>65767012
I never even played it but Skyroads is fucking based. Truly the original Audiosurf, or at least a clear inspiration behind it. At least the vehicle driving part, though I suspect the "Audio" part might be in some way derived from the top-notch sound track which added so much emphasis to Skyroads.
>>
I always wished you could play it gapless for like an entire multi track album
>>
>>65767013
Nah, just baiting you dude. The game's okay when it works, its only the more you play = the more generic it gets
>>
>>65767062
Ah.

My favorite types of songs to play weren't simply the fastest or with the most blocks to get/avoid, like I think a lot of people preferred. I liked songs which provided an interesting, unusual track structure; like, you know that graph that depicts what the song/track looks like, I always liked it when it was a zig-zaggy track so there would be a mix of fast and slow parts.

Playing new songs as you listened t othem for the first time was kinda fun. Sometimes the visuals and the way the track speeds up with the song, and the music itself, would all come together and hit you all at once and make the whole experience more "epic," in a way. And with old songs, like your favorites you really enjoy, it was fun to replay to get dat global high score.

I only ever played Mono, but I always used Iron Mode FWIW.
>>
>>65766902
its alright but its like aside from visuals theres rarely fuck all to do with music

color matching puzzle seems like it was thrown in cause he couldnt think of a better gameplay mechanic for the visualizer and mono gameplay is just boring
>>
I have audiosurf 2.

I typically just play it to chill out for 20 minutes or so, just a selection of songs from recent albums I've listened, nothing special.

Looking at steam and apparently I've put over 350 hours into it, Jesus Fucking Christ.
>>
>>65767179
>>65767179
>mono gameplay is just boring
Hard to argue but I will say picking longer songs helped offset that. 3-4 minute songs feel pointless to me but for 7-10+ minute songs there is a great sense of tension that increases continually as time goes on. Imagine screwing up -- making that one mistake and hitting a gray, and losing your stealth bonus, rendering all your hard work pointless -- after several minutes or right at the end of the song? It might sound silly but shit, I can recall plenty of times when my heart was fucking pounding as songs came to a close.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.