[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do you cope with being a small guy at a rock concert?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: crowd.jpg (216 KB, 600x401) Image search: [Google]
crowd.jpg
216 KB, 600x401
I'm 5ft7 and most guys who go to concerts are 6ft3 - 6ft6 (I'm from Germany, even 14 year olds are 6ft2 tall) and therefore 10x stronger than me

90% of the time I try to get these idiots off me, I can't enjoy concerts because of my height.
Last concert I've been to was Bloc Party in Cologne, I swear some of these guys were 7ft tall.

I wanna read some stories
>>
>>65761861
im around your height
it's not that bad
just get up close
idk if you're into moshing but short people can do that too it's fun
>>
>>65761861

Ask your girlfriend if you can sit on her shoulders
>>
Maybe the solution is to fucking kill yourself and make the genepool better
>>
Don't worry, you'll grow out of it when you're older
>>
Idk maybe just get taller
>>
>>65761920
>>
Was wanting to ask this too.

I'm a 5'4" dude who'll being going to a Swans concert alone this fall and just wondering if that'd look weird.
>>
File: steppy_boots.jpg (25 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
steppy_boots.jpg
25 KB, 500x500
Do they not sell steppy boots in Germany? I know they're pricey especially to import but if you shell out you can go to concerts and do everything taller guys can do.
>>
I slowly try to pivot around the crowd until I get a window of the stage between peoples' heads
>>
Be there early so you're the one genki as fuck small dude at the very barricade who's so into it others wouldn't even want to fuck with your vibes.
>>
>>65761990
5 ft 4 guys look weird everywhere. not sure why you'd think it'd be any different at a swans concert
>>
>>65762518
I've never been at the very front, always thought that it's awkward to scream the lyrics into the face of a security guy
>>
>>65761990
gira will break your neck if you breathe too loudly so everyone will be standing still
>>
>>65762575
Yeah that's true.

Man I fucking hate this.. It's not even the whole manlet or dating issues, it's just the fact I look and feel out of place pretty everywhere. Shit blows.
>>
As a tall person I've always felt shorter people look more elegant, like everything they do appears more natural.
I'm 6'3" and everything I do just looks awkward or uncomfortable.
>>
I'm like 5'9 and usually a bit smaller than most people at gigs, and I'm really into hardcore punk, it plays to my advantage because I can stage dive at every show and not piss everyone off.

I've seen smaller dudes rip shit up as well.

I mean either way no one really cares about height it's genuinely not an issue.

>tfw was 17 at an Every Time I Die show several years ago
>really skinny and weak, still an avid mosher
>get picked up by a 6'5 guy
>he carries me and throws me into a bunch of people
>remains one of the best things to happen to me at a show
>>
I'm 5'7, I just go early and try to get against the rail at every show.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.