[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've only listened to two death grips albums The Money Store
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Bp.jpg (3 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
Bp.jpg
3 KB, 225x225
I've only listened to two death grips albums The Money Store and Bottomless Pit. Love them both. For some reason I didn't listen to any of the albums before or between those two. Which should I listen to next?
>>
Exmilitary definitely, and I also recommend NOTM. Just listen to all them, it doesn't take that long.
>>
>>65757582
If you listen to NOTM, might as well go all out and take on The Powers That B. A lot of people tend to disagree, but that's arguably their best album, NOTM being the most innovative, and Jenny Death being the most catchiest. Government Plates really gives NOTM a run for its money, though, but it may take a few listens if you're not used to their weirder shit.
>>
>>65757560
Start with one of the NOTM CD's, Jenny Death.

Then go to Ex-Military, Government Plates and NLDW.
>>
Just listen to their whole discography chronologically, starting with Exmilitary.
>>
>>65757560
Exmilitary and NLDW are all you need really... I enjoyed Jenny Death too, but I can't help but feel that Niggas on the Moon and Government Plates are vastly overrated around here. They hardly even sound like finished albums
>>
Let me categorize it in a unique way for you; DG has typically 2 styles of music: instrumental and digital. Some albums feature electric guitars and real drums, while others feature digital 808s and heavy synths. Here's my lists
>instrumental
Exmilitary
Jenny Death
Bottomless Pit
>Digital
Money Store
No Love Deep Web
Government Plates
Fashion Week
Niggas on the Moon

Hope this gives you a basic perspective. Keep in mind the "instrumental" albums still feature heavy digital parts
>>
>>65759524
Thissssss
>>
>>65759524
This. DG is one of those bands where the best order to listen to their albums is chronologically. You start with exmilitary and as you go, you'll notice how each of their unique styles is reflected somewhere on Exmilitary. Don't listen to any convoluted orders like >>65758026
>>
>>65757560
No Love Deep Web.

if you like it, keep going.
>>
>>65757560
It doesn't matter.

One of the reasons why DG are still heavily memed is the fact that every album is so different from each other and every one of them is a good starting point. Also after you listen to main albums, google "Rare & Obscure Death Grips Tracks". It's a video on YouTube with a download link with their other, non-album songs, like Fyrd Up or Facemelter
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.