[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why would they put such a phenomenal song as Echoes on one album
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: meddle.jpg (47 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
meddle.jpg
47 KB, 500x500
Why would they put such a phenomenal song as Echoes on one album along with some, at most, mediocre, forgettable songs?
>>
this better be bait
>>
>>65751528
This
>>
Why would you prefer the short album version over the 'live in Pompeii' version?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOwroLGc5r4
>>
>>65751518
All the tracks lead nicely to Echoes.

This whole album is damn comfy.
>>
>>65751518
agreed, side one is trash.
>>
the only songs I can live without are seamus and san tropez
would've been a 10/10 album without those
>>
>>65751518
Agree. Tbh I haven't listened to them for quite a while and in my memory it was actually "the echos EP/Single" wouldn't even had been able to name it correctly
>>
>>65751518
the bootleg mettle/echoes album is better, the one that just has fat old sun, one of these days and echoes
>>
>>65753191
It's okay but listen to the bootleg "Cruel But Fair"
They have fucking sax on Echoes and it's the greatest thing on the planet
>>
to sell records obviously
>>
>>65753214

Agreed, this is the album that comes to mind when I think of the "comfy" appeal. I feel the album was intended to sound warm and welcoming, and Seamus might not really belong but it's still a homey song that fits the album's friendly sound.
>>
>>65753358
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAi7Qv8Wzk8 here you go actually, makes live at pompeii pretty pointless
>>
>>65753335
That is a live at the BBC bootleg right?

Embryo is also on it. Great recording.
>>
A Pillow of Winds > Fearless > Echoes > San Tropez > One of These Days > Seamus

it's a shame that they made so few songs in that relaxed, acoustic style
>>
>>65754676
This
>>
>>65754676
>one of these days that low
are you fucking retarded that's the best one
>>
>>65754715
Nah m8, the best ones are Fearless, Echoes and San Tropez
>>
>>65753239
seamus shouldn't exist. it's worse than what I'd expect from the average upcoming indie rock one man band with 500 followers
>>
>>65754818
I think it's pretty good, it always reminds me of when my dad used to put Meddle on when we were in his car
>>
One of these Days - Great intro
A Pillow of Winds - Cool relaxed, psychadelic song
Fearless - Good recovery, upbeat song
San Tropez - Cool little jazzy song
Seamus - Stupid song I'll give you that OP
Echoes - The poster song

Pillow of Winds I honestly like more than Echoes, and APoW and Fearless make a good chain
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.