[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daniel Johnston hate thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 448x323) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 448x323
his music is completely mediocre. his voice has an unpleasant dopinesss to it, like it's too rounded off or something.

his lyrics are simple to the point of sheer banality, oh sorry but that's 'stream of consciousness' right?

his production fucking sucks. all his shit is absolutely drenched in noise and the instruments are generally mixed together with the scrutiny of a newborn learning to distinguish shapes. 'but dat's lo-fi x DD' no, lo-fi implies you actually made an aesthetic choice and don't just suck at recording.

stop making excuses for this average (and that's being generous) talent. it's okay if you like him but from any objective standpoint of measuring music, artistic vice and everything that came before it are 'just okay'.
>>
>his production fucking sucks

thats the point
>>
i've never listened but yeah he sucks
>>
You're taking it too seriously.
>>
Isn't he schizophrenic
>>
yeah I never got the appeal...I have friends who love him but I'm not really sure why
>>
nice pasta, daniel johnston is god-tier
>>
>>65751306
leave daniel alone, hasnt he been through enough?
(and his songwriting alone is GOAT, Walking the Cow, Casper the Friendly Ghost, and Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Your Grievances alone are enough to bring me down)
>>
>>65751306
TELL YOU WHAT CIGARETTE BUTT, WHEN I COME BACK WE'RE GONNA HAVE A BOXING MATCH!
>>
>>65751306
>lo-fi implies you actually made an aesthetic choice and don't just suck at recording.

He probably only went with that excuse because amateur home recording sucked major ass in the 80s without the proper equipment. Nowadays anybody can plug in their damn Blue Snowball mic and record the sound of shitting in fantastic detail.
>>
File: 1445724469267.jpg (28 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1445724469267.jpg
28 KB, 720x720
>people actually falling for the copy pasta
>>
>>65751520
is that filthy frank
>>
>>65751526
no it's will toledo
>>
>>65751653
DELET THIS
>>
>>65751306
I agree

>muh sad guy making le lo-fi indie music
>>
he's not very good, but if you approach it in certain mood he's perfect
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.