[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /mu/ hate Karen O? Cause I think that I'll start. YYYs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: p01bqp3q.jpg (66 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
p01bqp3q.jpg
66 KB, 960x540
Does /mu/ hate Karen O? Cause I think that I'll start. YYYs are the only band that gave me no reply on my email, and haven't send anything to me. It's a love-hate relationship now.
>>
I ficking hate Karen O's solo album. I listened to the yeah yeah yeah's egg smashing album recently for the first time. I liked it
>>
Even tho her polish father I'm scared that she and her band might be Jewish, especially Nick Zimmerman
>>
>>65750985
I love Karen O, especially on YYY's debut album. Most underrated /mu/ waifu by far.

>>65750995
Yeah her solo album was a huge letdown. I remember her talking in an early interview about how she's real good with lyrics and songwriting, but bad at embellishing music pieces and building off them, and that Nick apparently does most of that. That really came through in the solo album, which was super unpolished to the point of sounding lazy and half-assed.
>>
>>65751199
>Most underrated /mu/ waifu by far.
Yeah, I can agree. But still I don't know what to think about this band, I loved them, I still do, but seeing how they don't really care about fans makes me sad. Their social media accounts are shit desu, Zimmerman looks like he care more about Head Wound City. I wonder if it's their management that is shit or it's them. For example I received Pagand In Vegas and signed photo of Metric without even asking, I just wrote an e-mail about how I adore them, and they told me to give them my adress for something special. Emily Haines (& the soft skeletons) solo albums were great too. I have to admit that Metric songwriting > YYYs songwriting.
>>
>>65751330
I don't know if the Yeah Yeah Yeahs are still active. The bandmembers seem to be more interested in their respective side projects and their last album, Mosquito, was pretty bad in my opinion. I don't really care about bands' social media accounts or anything like that so I wouldn't know anything about it. I've also never contacted a band in the way you described, but it wouldn't surprise me that fairly large bands don't have time to get back to everyone who writes them.
>>
File: what-is-this-bullshit.png (767 KB, 967x709) Image search: [Google]
what-is-this-bullshit.png
767 KB, 967x709
>gets asked to direct the video for one of JGT's biggest songs
>just shoots her legs running around and JGT's head all over the place
what the fuck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BA93Cp2iHE
>>
>>65750985
They probably didn't reply because you just asked for pics of her feet.
>>
>>65751416
I emailed the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and asked them what kind of car Karen drives.
>>
>>65751416
Well, there are 2 good pics, so I think I should ask them next time.
>>
btw, you should check out Karen O's vocals in Swans Song for a Warrior...really great.
>>
>>65751330
Metric are such a great band and they really care about their fans.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.